View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Weird Exhaust smells on Maui...still ! 

First time this happened it was around November 2013 at 3:30 am, my husbands coughing woke me up to an odd odor so I went outside and walked all around the house just to see if I could sense where it was coming from, couldn't find a source, it sort of smelled like car exhaust but saw nothing except for the low hum of jets over head, in fact we bought 2 carbon monoxide alarm meters for the upstairs and downstairs so far when we do smell that odd odor the units don't read that pituicular gas.
Last Thursday night 1/ 15 we heard the Jets over head again and woke up to gray sky's along with that strange odor off and on . It seems heavier than air O2 because it's like a heavy cloud that sticks together and moves around, I have smelled it and walked to another part of the room and the odor is gone. Sorry for sounding crazy, I don't know how to describe something that I can't explain.
"Are they spraying us or what?
I have always had a super sniffer I might be slightly near sighted but all my life I could always smell things before others or smell things others can't, in the case of this weird Odor I wish I didn't have this hightened sense because it's such an odd acidic odor sometimes I feel nuts when I smell it and my husband cant, I know that I'm not nuts because I have tested myself, when I first smelled it I said nothing but noticed a minute later my husband would start coughing and this happened every time I smelled it, my husband doesn't smell it but his body does react to it, it also makes me cough and my eyes sting. When I blog or talk about it to other people it stops for a couple of weeks, it's BACK again and so are the odd gray skys. Good news, some family visited from the mainland last month that night we heard the jets overhead and that morning that odor returned, (sadly getting use to it, it lingers like little pockets around the house then leaves) my cousin sort of walked through it after I had a few minutes prior, I was making coffee he then asked me if I smelled an odd odor I looked at him and gave him the biggest hug relieved that SOMEONE ELSE SMELLED IT! We even had a mold inspector come last year to check the walls in our home for mold, 200 dollars later No mold !
Last night was the first time in a while it started again, and this morning also along with the gray skys. 3 weeks ago no odor at all I thought maybe their done with whatever it is their doing, until yesterday. Last year was terrible, at least once a week I smelled that odor, so much we even bought an oxygen tank .
Anyone out there in Kaanapali area hearing jets at night around 2 or 3 am or smelling anything Odd, ANYONE? And I know what Vog smells like it's not Vog!
Thanks for letting me vent
The crazy gal up the hill

Attachments:
chem trail sico.jpg
chem trail sico.jpg [ 486.62 KiB | Viewed 8545 times ]

LIGHTSTORM
Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:46 pm

Check with the chemistry professor in the nearest college. Almost every school worth its' beans will have a cheap gas chromatograph and will be able to take an air sample. The prof might find it to be a worthwhile exercise for the students.
Swabbing outside wintow sills might pick up enough particulate material for microscopic analysis..
Send several q-tip swabs to me and i will see what is visible under high power. If there is anything that can be analyzed (enough sample) I can do Thin Layer Chromatography for organics. email me at peter@well.com for details.

Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:09 pm

peter febbroriello wrote:
Check with the chemistry professor in the nearest college. Almost every school worth its' beans will have a cheap gas chromatograph and will be able to take an air sample. The prof might find it to be a worthwhile exercise for the students.
Swabbing outside wintow sills might pick up enough particulate material for microscopic analysis..
Send several q-tip swabs to me and i will see what is visible under high power. If there is anything that can be analyzed (enough sample) I can do Thin Layer Chromatography for organics. email me at peter@well.com for details.

Thank you for your offer. Any results shared here would greatly be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3