View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Station ID: 1:2113B4B31.1 
Site Admin

Invoice sent to your email address. Thanks

Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:43 pm

Greetings David, You mention that you are a "Ham" person. I am in the Pennsylvania area, per chance what band do you frequent?. Perhaps a bit of QRP?

Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:37 pm

When ever I get a chance, I usually monitor 14.300, then move to 14.255 with a contact. Call sign KF7OLE. Send me an email one day prior, I'm haying right now, and not around the radio much, but with a little heads up, I'll be there, and swing my beam to the east, usually pointed south, talking with my brother in Texas.
73's

Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:02 am

Good Plan, David. I am doing quite a bit outside also, say in a few weeks?
Perhaps, do you or one of your contacts work the packet side? The Admin of this site could use a bit of input on one of his projects, and I am Very weak on packet/telemetry knowledge.
If you have a moment or two, on the main forum go to:
Board index » WELCOME TO NETC » Nuclear Emergency Tracking Center » Ham Radio protocol for Netc - when no internet available.
Many Thanks!
Novell

Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:09 pm

I do "some" digital communicating, using signal link. Unfortunately I was using HDR as a program, but the free trial has expired, and I don't use it enough to pay for it. I am looking for a good replacement program for free. Thanks, I will post to the Ham section.

Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:22 pm

Your posts encouraged me to check out the tech test and where I can go to get tested. Found one nearby and will give it a go tomorrow evening. I plan on starting out with a 10W FT-817nd I can haul around in a backpack. Am curious to see what kind of range it will get. If successful I'll be looking for you folks on the 20 meter band soon, though I'm not sure it will be the ideal band for that low a power.

Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2