View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 1:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Florence, AL - Retired U.S. Navy trained Nuclear Plant Operator 

I'm in Florence, Al and I use a Monitor 4 detector, which will not work for your network except for manual readings. I would purchase one of your packages but I'm disabled, and with the current inflation rate I just can't spare the money at this time. I'm a U.S. Navy trained Nuclear Plant Operator and I retired on disability from a Civilian Nuclear Plant if I can ever be of any assistance.

Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:46 am

Pete61 wrote:
I'm in Florence, Al and I use a Monitor 4 detector, which will not work for your network except for manual readings. I would purchase one of your packages but I'm disabled, and with the current inflation rate I just can't spare the money at this time. I'm a U.S. Navy trained Nuclear Plant Operator and I retired on disability from a Civilian Nuclear Plant if I can ever be of any assistance.

Welcome to the forum. Any information links, manual readings, comments or questions answered from you would be greatly appreciated considering your previous job. Thank you in advance!

Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:44 pm

No Problem, I have not used my skills for a long time and I forgotten a lot of things, but I have a lot of reference material and I haven't forgotten some of the more important things. ;)

Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:55 pm

I am in coos bay, Oregon. On the coast where I hope to have a monitoring site soon. This location will be ideal for advance notice of what the jet stream or ocean is sending us from Japan. There is monitoring going on here, which appears to be not public. I have too many questions, hope that's good for others. Pete61 hope you can help, appreciate all, TU.

1. looking at the jet stream, I see approx. 30 hrs-Japan to US west coast, would like to have more experienced opion. Also how much in hrs. does this vary day to day.

2. When Beta particles are present should a person be better to wear a dust mask? I have an Inspector detector which I have to retrieve from cabin up North an will be monitoring the beach which the tides will leave Rads if present.

Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:12 pm

For high levels of beta emitting fallout (Or any kind of fallout), you should wear a dust mask and eye protection, cheap throw away safety glasses, goggles or face shield are fine. Wear an out layer of clothing that can be removed prior to entering your home and rain gear if needed or even if you can wear it comfortably when it is not raining (Easier to clean than cloth). Shoe covers and a hood or good hat are also a necessity. If using a vehicle you should make sure that the windows are up, the vent to outside air is shut and cover the seats with plastic or a washable towel if possible.

When you return home remove your outer clothes (Being careful to turn the outside of the clothing to the inside and down as you remove them to prevent contaminating your skin or inner clothing) and place them in a plastic trash bag to be washed separately (Or you can use something like the throw away jumpers that painters wear so that you can remove them and simply throw them in the trash) Remove your shoes (or shoe covers if worn) and leave them outside under a cover or in a bag, you can wash them off later after the radiation cloud has passed. Immediately remove your inner clothing and put them in the dirty cloths bin, then shower in warm water scrubbing the areas of the skin that was unprotected with a washcloth.

Remember that during the years of nuclear testing everyone living on earth was exposed to radioactive fallout, small amounts of the common radioisotopes that are ingested into your body do pose a very slight increased risk of cancer, but everyone living in the nuclear age has already been exposed to it and the effects, if any, are very delayed. The procedure that I wrote out above is in the case of a dramatic event that causes a massive release. But it is not a bad idea to utilize the concept of keeping the particles out of your living area and off of your body even during low levels of fallout. A bin or a locker to keep outer clothing and shoes to wear when it is raining or when you suspect a radioactive cloud is passing over is not a bad habit to get into.

Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:19 pm

Great thorough explanation on necessary safety when exposed. I have a background on understanding human genetic imprint, based on a massive research project in the late seventies , it was all based on radiation since everything on Earth is just that. The first organ in the body that is degraded by radiation is the Thymus gland, it is a radiation sensor-so it has to be the weakest. Each organ or gland has an emotion , the Thymus is aggression, which means a person feels aggression towards him, or he feels aggression towards another. Now it fits as an example of this that currently there is a report that dogs at Fukashima are biting people. The second is the Heart, the third is the Colon, the fourth is the stomach, the fifth is the Anterior Pituitary, the sixth is the Liver, seventh is the Lungs, the eighth is the sex organs (male & female), the nineth is the Thyroid, the eleventh is the Veins & Arteries, the twelfth is the Brain, well their are a total of 24 I can do the rest if anyone is interested.

Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:44 pm

Pete 61 I have a question, what's your take on this scenario . playing out ? One of the reports that came out weeks ago was that the steel tanks filled with radioactive waste water at fukushima , had a reaction with the steel and started producing x-rays, so my question is. I live close to where a Liquid Natural Gas port is in the process of about to go into construction on the Oregon coast, at North Bend, the tankers that carry the LNG, have the equivalent energy of 55 nuclear bombs when loaded, and then the pacific including this port becomes electrified with radiation, Do they know what might happen with those X-rays penetrating those tanks ? I understand that if something happened , that everything would be incinerated within 15 miles of the port .

Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:11 pm

When you return home remove your outer clothes (Being careful to turn the outside of the clothing to the inside and down as you remove them to prevent contaminating your skin or inner clothing) and place them in a plastic trash bag to be washed separately (Or you can use something like the throw away jumpers that painters wear so that you can remove them and simply throw them in the trash) Remove your shoes (or shoe covers if worn) and leave them outside under a cover or in a bag, you can wash them off later after the radiation cloud has passed. Immediately remove your inner clothing and put them in the dirty cloths bin, then shower in warm water scrubbing the areas of the skin that was unprotected with a washcloth.???

Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:19 am

thks for the info folks, im soon too set up here in fort Saskatchewan alberta

Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]