View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Difference in the member vs. non-member maps 

I got very confused this morning when looking at the history graph from "the" Fresno, CA station. It looked like all the data changed over night. But really, I was looking at data from different maps and possibly different monitoring stations.

On one map, the station ID for Fresno is 4:920, and on the other map the ID is 5:920. They have completely different history graphs. Also, one is labeled gamma and the other beta.

Are they two different monitoring stations? If so, why is one shown on one map but not the other? Thanks. :?

Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:06 am

I think I answered my own question. On the "member" map, there are checkboxes that include EPA gamma and EPA beta. It defaults to beta = checked, gamma = unchecked. But in the non-member map, you just get whatever you're given. It doesn't say what you're looking at.

Sorry for bugging everyone. Or hopefully I made somebody else less confused. :oops:

Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:16 am

Thanks for pointing out that the main public page does not mention clearly all that you get as a chart member.

For example:

Quote:
Become a Chart Member for $19.95 per year and receive RAMs and access to charts and historical data.

Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]