View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:06 pm



Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 EQ Hits Japan on 9-16-14_ Is USA Now Seeing the Fallout? 
Author Message

Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:49 pm
Posts: 31
I was reading an article on ENENEWS today and found that Japan had suffered a large earth quake on Sept 16th with another larger after shock expected shortly there after. I noticed how VERY HOT the United States map appears on NETC today, as well as, Japan's. too. Apparently, Japanese officials claimed there was no observable damage from the EQ. (right) At what point do you think our "authorities" would make mention of this to the US citizenry? (Not at all, you say? ) Makes you feel sort of warm and fuzzy, doesn't it? That is, knowing how well we are all being kept informed and "protected." I am assuming that the VERY HOT conditions of the USA today are a direct result of Japan's earth quake. Anyone care to offer feedback?

Now I realize that it would appear that I am behind the curve. Not actually. I am simply getting damned tired of this mess and no one speaking publicly about what is going on!!!! How long will we all hide within the safe walls of these chat forums, etc? We need to get some traction on this and become VERY public, don't you think? I'm getting good and tired of finding blank stares whenever I bring up the subject to someone who is unaware. They're retort is always something to the effect, "If it is such a problem, then WHY aren't we hearing about it on the news?" That's MY point exactly! I have never felt so let down by national media as I have since this whole thing began in 2011.

Sorry. Venting was needed!


Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:33 pm
Profile

Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:38 pm
Posts: 40
I guess it could cause panic...general public is clueless anyway, give them a football scandal and a war and keep them from the truth...it would be nice to think that the worlds greatest scientific minds are working on this, thats all I want to hear....maybe there is no hope in fixing the problem....maybe some one is trying to get rid of us, thats how I feel sometimes....when its not in the news , you know we are screwed...


Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:54 am
Profile

Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 1:08 pm
Posts: 20
We all agree that nuclear power generation is dangerous.
But the real problem is our insatiable need for electricity.
And electricity generation creates pollution 95% of the time, the other 5% being Hydro-electricity.
You talk about how the "national media" isn't covering the nuclear story.
Ask yourself why....Why, because the entire media EMPIRE, Facebook, Apple, CBS, NBC, Twitter, on and on, is run on electricity, no electricity no business model, no income, no shareholders getting rich, no pro-sports, no Rush Limbaugh, no CNN........... Nuclear is one piece of the power puzzle they need to stay in business, they can't can't sabotage that!
Until the average Joe Blow American decides that perserving life on this BEAUTIFUL planet is more important than having a smart phone, wi-fi connection, satellite tv, air conditioning, Christmas lights, video games and many other "necessities" we're doomed......game over.

There will have to be a MASSIVE shift in the economy before anyone will stop using electricty in the amounts we use today. Are you ready for that?

As far as I can tell there are very few people out there that are brave enough to change the way they use electricty and the way they live to save the Earth. That's why we have nuclear power.

Good luck and have a nice weekend, GRR


Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:48 pm
Profile

Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:28 pm
Posts: 42
GRR wrote:
We all agree that nuclear power generation is dangerous.
But the real problem is our insatiable need for electricity...


I totally agree.


Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:10 pm
Profile

Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:49 pm
Posts: 31
**SIGH**


Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:59 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by STSoftware.