View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Radioactive wood ashes from wood stove 

Last winter I didn't burn soft wood at all, since I really appreciate having the fire still burning when I get up in the morning, so it was all harder, mostly Myrtle, cherry, oak . It maybe that harder wood grows slower and so has access to more rads coming its way. also I live where an enormous amount of forest logs are shipped out to asia , when a tree dies it starts to release CO2 that it had taken in, but what bothers me most is that each tree no longer gives of oxyger, and believe me the North West is really in high gear cutting down the forest, also people that have a few trees on their property are selling them off for cash. Maybe asia is getting back part of the rads it sent us.

Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:54 pm

I have received new laboratory test results from the same wood ash from the Oregon coast. The sample was counted using a high purity Germanium gamma detector. There was 20 elements detected including C-134 137. 134 has Fukushima written all over it. This high tech. lab has terms to be respected and has stated that this report is not to be used for advertising or other uses. I will send full report to NETC, for their verification, and to better digest the data. TI-208 (Thallium) , PB- (Lead) 212 &214 BI-212 214 ( ?) RN-219 (Radon) U-235 (Uranium) RA-(Radium) 223&224 AC-(Actinium) 238 TH(Thorium) 228&230&234 PA (Protactinium) 231 K-40 (Potassium) CS- (Cesium) 134&137 I- (Iodine) 131 ZR- (Zirconium) 95 CO- (Cobalt) 60 End Of Report .

Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:08 am

This report would be very interesting to read, I hope I get the chance. 8-)

Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:05 pm

K C I can give you a taste of what made my hair stand up. Actinium , number 89 in the standard periodic table of elements. It is known as an Actinide, this is a quote from my book of the Elements - " Every one of the Actinides is radioactive - so radioactive, that only three of them are tame enough for you to hold a substantial lump in your hand and live to tell the tale. Actinium, with a half-life of 21.8 years, it is so radioactive that it glows on its own without the benefit of a phosphorescent screen ( which you need to see a glow from less radioactive elements, such as Radium. While Actinium occurs naturally in Uranium ore there is so little of it there, that when people actually want some, they make it in a nuclear reactor by bombarding RA-226 with Neutrons, turning it into RA-227 which then decays with a half-life of 42 minutes into AC-227 . What have they done ? !

Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:16 am

It's now a year later and I've found the wood burn"t this fall, again has a CPM of around 250, with the background fluctuating. I've been hoping someone in other locations would simply check their wood ash and give us a better idea of the spread of the dangerous isotopes. This morning with the sun just poking through the forest trees, the temperature being 37 degrees, I stepped out on the concrete deck that was still wet with water still there from a recent rain, then stepped down onto a large piece of flag stone,and slipped on solid ice which shouldn"t have been there. It's color is grey and has a 120 CPM radioactive count. The appearance of the situation is that radiation is a cold dark energy that did this, so strange to see the solid ice. I guess it should have been on the stone.

Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:53 pm

Islander wrote:
K C I can give you a taste of what made my hair stand up. Actinium , number 89 in the standard periodic table of elements....

I have no idea how I missed this post until now, sorry! Thanks for the information.

Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:31 pm

With some radioactive isotopes more deadly than others, like Actinium it means they can cause a disintegration of the human body faster, then you get a small dose, and now have cancer. That small dose might even be from a cell phone tower, an electric co. smart meter ( they can broadcast aprox. 30 miles) , the radioactive granite counters most likely from china. and others sources, especially food. Searching out a clean environment is a challenge because cancer is not an option. K .C, last winter I was in my little cabin up at 3600 foot elevation, just No. of Wauconda Wa. a few miles from Ca. border, March 16, 7 am turned my Inspector GC on and CPM's for 45 min. ranged between 174 and 120 CPM background inside cabin, cabin not protecting me then went yo town, passing high school, went into office and told them about what had just occurred and it was reading 60 CPM in their office. Since then I've wondered if this high reading showed up West or East on that date on your graphs.

Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:36 pm

Yes, I have watched Fukushima videos that talk about how much more contaminated the mountains are from the radioactive plumes than the valley. The big challenge is that when they decontaminate the valley (which means removing top soil) the rainwater just washes down more radioactive contamination down in the valley from the mountains. It seems to be a never ending cycle.

Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:53 am

Recently went a few miles inland to pick up another cord of wood to finish off this winters heating, and was told that a few hundred feet away was a Radioactive dump site left over from an earlier time when uranium was mined for chromium. I took Inspector gc there and found fine black sand that had been washing away with the heavy rains for years, and onto a road used where they were currently making wood cedar shingles. Showed them a couple hundred CPM , the sand was spread out thin everywhere. If someone wants to have a sample that has a spectrometer so we know what Isotopes are in it after all these years, I can send, thinking KC knows someone?

Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:59 pm

@Islander - Thanks for your offer. I passed on your request, I'll let you know if my friend is interested in testing it or not.

Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next