View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Sealion Radioactive on Oregon beach, Dead 

I went to a beach , just North of Coos Bay, used my Inspector on a dead Sealion . It looked unharmed and mature, not old. The cpm went from 40 background Radiation to almost 80 when it was held close to the middle of its belly, wish I could have videoed the rise in cpm. Then went another short distance to the water, just to where the wave wash made the sand wet, held the GC close to the sand, and again a rise from the 40s to 80, it was still rising when the wave came again, it may have gone higher. Told a fisherman casting out from the beach, showed again the rise at sand level, and he and another down the beach quickly reeled in their lines and left, appreciated. That's what we have to do, because A Quote I know that most men-not only those considered clever, but even those who are clever and capable of understanding the most difficult scientific, mathematical, or philosophic problems-can seldom discern even the simplest and most obvious truth if it be such as obliges them to admit the falsity of conclusions they have formed, perhaps with much difficulty- conclusions of which they are proud, which they have taught to others, and on which they have built their lives . Leo Tolstoy, 1898

Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:15 pm

Thank you for your post.

Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]