View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 What's Up with Japan's Missing Monitors? 

I've been noticing that Japan's monitoring system seems pretty much dead in the water. So many of them are simply no longer appearing. I was hoping someone might fill me in. I've been looking for entries about this to no avail. During the last week of December, I captured screen prints of Japan looking red hot all over on numerous days. I recall that on Dec. 23 there were comments on ENENEWS about Japan having suffered another large earthquake. Do my eyes deceive me or has Japan suffered a MASSIVELY destructive event? If so, is this WHY were are beginning to see effects here?

Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:09 pm

Within the past week or so, Japan has not shown all of the original monitors that once were displayed on NETC. Within the course of 10 minutes, I can get 3-4 different displays from Japan, with the vast majority of what ever monitors are displaying will read RADCON 1 now. I've noticed that a number of people have read this posting, but no one has a theory they are willing to share???? Harlan, do you know what is happening with these monitors or on Japan currently?

Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:59 am

So.. I seem to be having this dialogue with myself. Okay. Here's what I've learned. It takes a while for the map for Japan to populate, so patience is key.

However, there DOES seem to be less information available to us now and it's accuracy is in question (at least to me). I have noticed that this lessening of information seems to correlate with the worsening weather and EQ issues in Japan lately. Are the monitor readings being re calibrated to raise their tolerance in order to mask the truthful rise in radiation levels?

Also, I wonder WHY is it that the West Coast of Japan opposite Korea seems hotter these days? Are more nuke plants going on line there or is there some effect coming from outside of Japan that is causing these readings?

Note to self. End this self dialogue, as I seem to be the only one participating. Y'all have a great day!

Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:01 pm

I like many here have read your post and appreciate your thoughts.

Workers at the Fukushima plant have been caught shielding their personal detectors. I believe it is highly likely the cover-up would include the monitoring stations your speaking of. Remember there is a government privacy law in place now in Japan after the Fukushima accident. Many suspect it was created to reduce the release of the daily problems at the plant.

I believe much of the same goes on in the U.S. too with the EPA sites. This is why it is so important each of us setup our own station.

A GMC-200 is less than $100 and NETC offers free software. I am using that and a Raspberry Pi unit with custom software from NETC on the face of a HEPA air purifier unit for better detection.

Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]