View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Background up to 200 CPM due to snowfall in Colorado Springs 

My GMC300E has been chirping all night. CPM counts well above 100 when I placed it on a basement windowsill by a window well which has had snow accumulating in it. Is this from Fukushima? This happened earlier with a previous snowstorm. I took the geiger counter upstairs by the sliding glass doors to the patio and the CPM went up to 600 CPM! It settled down but was in the upper 500s. Staying indoors and away from the outer walls! Based on last snowstorm, when snow sublimates away (yes, if you procrastiate, you don't have to shovel snow in Colorado because of the altitude!), the CPM goes back to a normal value.

Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:00 am

WoW...

You need to hook up to netc using the free software or (if you don't have a computer running full time) get a Pi so you can automatically record the data for us (and you) to evaluate.

If you need help getting started let me know...

Please keep posting reads so we can see your counts rise and fall...

Please include the date, time, weather and location of the counter.

As for it being Fuku most certainly some (if not most) of these counts are Fuku related. But you also have to take into account Hanford and other possibilities as well.

Gees 500? Pretty serious stuff...

Keep em coming and we may can get a better idea about the severity of these situations.

As a side note my brother just got back from a ski trip up there. No mention of any alerts or other information on this very important topic.

View my other posts here:
https://www.netc.com/bb/search.php?keyw ... mit=Search

netc.com (donate will ya?)...

Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]