View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 South Beloit vs St Charles Illinois Radiation Chart 

These two privately ran NETC stations are many miles apart from each other, I own and run the South Beloit Illinois unit. While I do not own, run or even know personally the owner of the St. Charles station, they are both setup the same way. Both stations use a GMC200 outside with the geiger counter on the face of an air purifier for better detection rates. My South Beloit Illinois station is outside in my backyard near the house and in the shade 24/7 facing North. I understand the St. Charles station is outside too (not sure facing what direction) and it is on a balcony.

:idea: Please notice how these two stations both show the same detection. The CPM might vary some between units, this is understandable but the fact that they both show the same patterns is important to confirm their readings. If only just two people in each state would setup an outside unit like these, NETC would be able to offer a much greater level of standard readings.

Attachments:
Compare - South Beloit Illinois Radiation vs St Charles Illinois.jpg
Compare - South Beloit Illinois Radiation vs St Charles Illinois.jpg [ 124.86 KiB | Viewed 29020 times ]

Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:00 am

It would seem that a spike in readings at a single station might indicate a few long lived particles caught in the filter, but two stations with the same pattern would indicate these are actual fluctuations over a wide area in the environment. This is a very functional and impressive website.

Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:53 pm

I was not home when this wave hit but glad you compared readings. Thx!

Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:19 pm

ammdb wrote:
It would seem that a spike in readings at a single station might indicate a few long lived particles caught in the filter, but two stations with the same pattern would indicate these are actual fluctuations over a wide area in the environment. This is a very functional and impressive website.

I couldn't agree more. If only more people would use NETC and setup a unit outside like St. Charles & South Beloit, we could follow it easily across the U.S.

Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]