View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:57 pm



Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Consistently Higher Reports than Other Locations?? 
Author Message

Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:30 pm
Posts: 8
Location: Portland, OR. USA
Hello

Thank you for the reply.

So your saying (in layman's terms) that my counter is not very sensitive at the lower ranges? As my test piece reads on my counter almost exactly what the test/calibration piece is marked for emissions? (see my post on GQ Electronics forum with graphs). It seems that the counter (GMC-80 with Russian tube=higher sensitivity GMC-200) reads pretty accurately but not the lower levels?

Thanks for the information

J


Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:22 am
Profile
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:40 pm
Posts: 2839
Location: Illinois
jones9999 wrote:
Hello

Thank you for the reply.

So your saying (in layman's terms) that my counter is not very sensitive at the lower ranges? As my test piece reads on my counter almost exactly what the test/calibration piece is marked for emissions? (see my post on GQ Electronics forum with graphs). It seems that the counter (GMC-80 with Russian tube=higher sensitivity GMC-200) reads pretty accurately but not the lower levels?

Thanks for the information

J


I want to read your GQ forum post completely before I reply here. Can you please post a link directly to your forum post? Thanks in advance.

_________________
MY OUTSIDE RADIATION MONITORING STATION:
South Beloit, Illinois - GMC200 Outside on HEPA air purifier, ground level, facing West.
http://netc.com/chart/view.php?n=1%3AEB5A139C


Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:16 pm
Profile

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 7:18 pm
Posts: 55
Location: Waterford, MI.
Quick update to my GMC-300. I emailed them about my issue and immediately received a return email with an RMA number. I sent the unit back and it turns out the GM tube failed. So they replaced it for free and it should be back to me tomorrow.

Fast service and a pleasure dealing with them. Cant really blame them for the tube failing since they didn't manufacture that part of the unit.

_________________
Station ID 1:EB072480 Waterford, MI, US
http://netc.com/chart/view.php?n=1%3AEB072480
Prepare, plan, stay informed and safe!


Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:04 pm
Profile
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:40 pm
Posts: 2839
Location: Illinois
rdesrosi wrote:
Quick update to my GMC-300. I emailed them about my issue and immediately received a return email with an RMA number. I sent the unit back and it turns out the GM tube failed. So they replaced it for free and it should be back to me tomorrow.

Fast service and a pleasure dealing with them. Cant really blame them for the tube failing since they didn't manufacture that part of the unit.


Thanks for the update 8-)

_________________
MY OUTSIDE RADIATION MONITORING STATION:
South Beloit, Illinois - GMC200 Outside on HEPA air purifier, ground level, facing West.
http://netc.com/chart/view.php?n=1%3AEB5A139C


Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:52 pm
Profile

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 7:18 pm
Posts: 55
Location: Waterford, MI.
Got the 300 back on Saturday, very fast turnaround considering their distance from me in Michigan. They turned it around and shipped it back the same day they received it, nice!

Despite having to use their warranty service I am still happy with the unit and will probably be buying another one to be used as an outdoor monitor in the near future.

-Randy

_________________
Station ID 1:EB072480 Waterford, MI, US
http://netc.com/chart/view.php?n=1%3AEB072480
Prepare, plan, stay informed and safe!


Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:37 pm
Profile
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:40 pm
Posts: 2839
Location: Illinois
rdesrosi wrote:
...Despite having to use their warranty service I am still happy with the unit and will probably be buying another one to be used as an outdoor monitor in the near future.


This is GREAT news! 8-)

We need more outside units!

_________________
MY OUTSIDE RADIATION MONITORING STATION:
South Beloit, Illinois - GMC200 Outside on HEPA air purifier, ground level, facing West.
http://netc.com/chart/view.php?n=1%3AEB5A139C


Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:34 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by STSoftware.