View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Stations? EPA Not Showing Up 

Just happen to check on the site this morning, where did everyone go, seems as time went on this morning, more and more stations disappeared from the map, right now it looks like its down to the unreliable ones left... :? something must be down somewhere. So far this has been the best site and service I have been on. There is a new one online now that I belong too and is pretty cool, but just starting up. Since I run a few counters, I am on both but this site with the scrolling info bar is my main source... keep up the great work! Frank

Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:04 am

skybug wrote:
Just happen to check on the site this morning, where did everyone go, seems as time went on this morning, more and more stations disappeared from the map, right now it looks like its down to the unreliable ones left... :? something must be down somewhere. So far this has been the best site and service I have been on. There is a new one online now that I belong too and is pretty cool, but just starting up. Since I run a few counters, I am on both but this site with the scrolling info bar is my main source... keep up the great work! Frank

What is this other "new online" site you spoke of? Please feel free to mention it here, we want more people to have radiation stations setup to share readings with the public either through NETC or other networks too. The more private stations people setup, obviously the less we need to trust the EPA's sites.

As for why the EPA sites are currently down, I am not sure. Harlan/"hey" and his programmer are looking in to this problem.

Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:14 pm
Site Admin

Yesterday, we had problems with the EPA sites and got it fixed around 3:30 PM. It is very hard to get the data from RADNET with their site hanging up alot, but yesterday it was a bug on your server. Sorry

Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:39 pm

My suggestion is that you figure out an alternate way to communicate with your various stations. I believe the internet will eventually be harder to access for the general public and that sites like this will be monitored and messed with in order to control panic. I am not sure if cell phones will be reliable either.
The public is becoming aware of all that has been hidden and they are growing restless, the govt believes they will have to step in (and, as most of you know, have been planning and preparing for such a 'stepping in' for years now.)
In any battle one easy way to gain an advantage over an enemy is by cutting off communications; since their initial snowing of the public didn't stick, they will have to do something else to control the public.....whom they pretty much view as cattle.
The logical evolution of what is going on is a slow, gradual- disintegration of public media as, the govt has not been able to completely hide the atrocities happening around them. The problem is, now instead of just having the atrocities to worry about, their misinformation has caused their own public to distrust them. So to the American People, there are not only almost a hundred volcanoes erupting, there are not only cesium, and other radioactive elements drifting into the united states, there are not just earthquakes rattling the west coast (and rest of the pacific rim), the sun is not just freaking out and there aren't just comets (and other signs and wonders in the heavens) freaking people out, but NOW, they also know they can't trust the people they voted into office to handle these things.
Yeah, it can't go well man.

So I would get in touch with everyone who has a station and figure out at least one alternate means of communication because, frankly, the government has only proved themselves to be unconcerned with the well-being of those who rely on them.

Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:45 am

protestant-1 wrote:
My suggestion is that you figure out an alternate way to communicate with your various stations.

So I would get in touch with everyone who has a station and figure out at least one alternate means of communication because, frankly, the government has only proved themselves to be unconcerned with the well-being of those who rely on them.

The only stations that were missing were the EPA stations, the governments monitoring stations and an alternate connection would never be an an option with them. As for the private stations, if the internet goes down everyone is on their own. It is this reason that I continue to say everyone needs to have their own geiger counter if the internet and or power grid went down.

Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:17 pm

protestant has a good point, if and when the SHTF I am sure sites like NETC and RADNET will be blocked so we cant get a global or even continent view of the coming radiation.

I am not sure what the answer is here but an alternate way to broadcast local readings should be explored. Something like an IRC channel or some such where we can go to post our station readings and see other stations data as needed, that is assuming anyone has connectivity at all. If the net is down all together then I am reminded of when HAM radio operators were more popular and were considered as an alternate means of communication in the event of a wide spread communication or media outage...wasn't that the case for Katrina and SS Sandy?

This is also the reason why I now have several geiger counters, a good stash of 9V alkaline and rechargeable batteries, two generators (1 in my RV) and next year I am looking at building an outdoor solar powered monitoring station that will also be hooked up to NETC.

We all need to be vigilant and aware these days...

Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:06 am

Vigilant indeed. As you said rdesrosi HAM is the way to go. Worst case scenario at least have a programmable UHF/VHF/FRS/GMRS radio available and ready to go for communicating with locals. You can pick up a PUXING model radio for around 80usd.

Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:26 pm

I have two HAM receivers (1 dynamo powered) and several GMRS transceivers but am looking at getting both a portable and stationary HAM transceiver in the very near future.

A form of long range standalone wireless communication will be vital in the years to come.

Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:52 pm

HAM radio would be really nice (I do not own one) but as hard as it is to get people to spent the time and money on a geiger counter ($85) I think a HAM radio setup is a bit of a dream at this point.

We might lose the internet and a regular old school modem and BBS setup might be more of an option but so many people nolonger have a regular phone line. Many either use cellphone only or they have a VOIP (voice over IP) which again falls back on the internet.

Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:02 pm

Too answer King Cobras question to me, the new site that I am uploading the same data I upload here is radmon.org, its private stations like ourselves and only a handful of us currently but its new and trying to build it up so we all have multiple sites we can go to and that's what I have been doing lately, this site and that one. Been doing some work with the owner getting my GMC units running on it and been successful too. Now I have one counter outside and its feeding 2 sites now. Been busy there so sorry for the late reply, he just started a forum for it too and its been so much easier working the guys, sharing info... Frank

Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next