View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Portland OR Spike on 11/11/13 

I registered a distinctive spike between 11:16 and 5:13 PM on 11/11/13. From 9 CPM to 128 then back to 18 CPM. I confirmed the reading with the station not far from me. Same readings, same times. Any thoughts? The wind was coming out of the east so I would suspect Hanford possibly but the jet is running over the top of us. :?

Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:51 pm
Site Admin

What unit are you using? What software are you using? Sometimes the spike happens when moving your Geiger counter around while connected to Netc.com.
Harlan

Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:20 am

GMC 300E. Unit was not moving around. I was not home at the time and saw this spike on my graph just after I got home and it had just ended. I pulled up the unit that shows on your site as "Gresham" and checked those data charts to see if it was just a software or hardware glitch and it showed the exact same spike at the exact same times to the minute. That unit is less than a mile from me per the map.

Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:20 am
Site Admin

I checked your station and you are running the free wapp4netc.exe software. It seems to have a problem with the GMC-300 models, that when it looses connect to the GMC-300, it sometimes get a spike to a level around 120. We plan on fixing in the future, when we have more time. The PI4netc software has this problem fixed because it drops the first minute count during resyncing with the GMC-300. Sorry about the spike.
Harlan.

Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:14 pm

I only see the free software on your site except with the whole kit. Is that the only way the other software is available?

Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:16 pm

pulseins wrote:
I only see the free software on your site except with the whole kit. Is that the only way the other software is available?

The Raspberry Pi has custom NETC software that comes it, this software does not use Windows software. If you already own a Raspberry Pi and what this other software, I believe there is a small fee for that software. If interested in that software only, please email Harlan at staff@netc.com

Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]