View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 600CPM -Is this concerning? 

I've been noticing that the reading from Billings, MT averages 600CPM -Station ID 5:811. This seems high. I am thinking about moving to a nearby town and am wondering if this might be a dangerous place. I am new to reading these monitors so apologies if I am mistaken. Thank you for any advice. -Kelly

Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:06 pm
Site Admin

That is the EPA's gamma reading that Netc.com post on to the map and builds historical charts for NETC Chart Members.

Montana has one of the highest gamma readings in the US. It may be from the jetstream or all that oil radioactive componds that they use in the explosions underground to get the oil. Radiioactive waste products were found in the sinkhole in LA.

Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:32 pm

Thank you very much for your reply. I was hoping to make a move from Seattle to a place slightly safer but it seems Montana might not be that place! Perhaps staying in Seattle or just east of the cascades would be better. Do you have any advice? These are confusing times. Thank you so much for this website and all of your hard work!

Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:03 am
Site Admin

I would not move east in Washington - Spokane Washington is a lot worst off than Seattle. Just stay out of the rain. Maybe the desert might be better??

Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:19 pm

A hole in the desert sounds about right. We here in Seattle are lucky so far but it is anyone's guess what will happen when the currents caring Fukushima water arrive. Winter storms often aerosolize the sea water, wafting it inland. Downtown Seattle often smells like the sea as does our many beautiful islands in Puget Sound. I must say it strikes some fear in me. Hope the antioxidants help! Also interesting today as CPM are rising in Seattle and along the west coast it seems. Possibly due to the reported "dust" from fuel assembly removal in Fukushima a few days ago?

Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:29 pm

It is funny, you mention a few of the same states I have been looking at. I wanted to move to Seattle so bad, but Fukushima has of course prevented that for a few years now. Watching these sites for awhile, it really seems as though besides N Maine (which just doesn't have a station), the Seattle area has been the only sheltered place. I thought about MT and MN(North-Central)... I think alot of the problem with the central states are all the nuclear weapons they have. Colorado and central MT, the Dakotas... that is why I have been looking for readings in the Kalispell/Missoula area. It is west of the nukes in Great Falls, and blocked by a set of mountain ranges. Anything east of that area has VERY high readings.

Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:13 pm

Really anything in the Northern Hemisphere sucks. :(

The East Coast might seem like a good choice but it is still on the tail end of the jetstream. Plus all the nuclear plant venting across the U.S. and possible accidents blow that way too. Down south like AK shows higher regular EPA readings than my area, Northern Illinois & Southern Wisconsin.

I have no plans on moving because of all of this, but if I did I would want to move to the Southern Hemisphere. I do try to avoid rain, fish, mushrooms, milk, food from California and going outside when my outside air purifier geiger counter station reads levels above my areas normal seen readings.

Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:40 pm

I plan on getting set up with your geiger counter.

I just heard of a young woman who found a nodule on her thyroid and had to have it out.. we are in California on west coast and I have never, ever heard of this.. someone my friend knows! Okay, I want to move now but where??? Is there really a better place for us than where we are in Northern CA? I thought MT too but do we really know where is safe with changing jet stream and weather patterns? Sounds like KingCobra you would not be in California at all eh? Okay, how about this: where would you not move or live????

Thanks!

Pismo1

Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:35 pm

pismo1 wrote:
....sounds like KingCobra you would not be in California at all eh? Okay, how about this: where would you not move or live????

Thanks!

Pismo1

I would not live in California for what I believe are the obvious reasons but the biggest of all is that clearly Fukushima is NOT fixed yet, it is still leaking. We are near a 3 year anniversary of Fukushima so that is almost 3 years worth of leaks to hit even if the leaks were stopped today. As the Fukushima plume in the ocean hits the West Coast I believe it will only get worse, I do not see anyway that it will get better. I think almost anywhere other than the West Coast is a good start, this is just my $.02 though.

While I do not own this book, I know people who do and they have found it very helpful.

http://www.amazon.com/Strategic-Relocation--North-American-Places-Edition/dp/1568612621/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1392682696&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=stritegic+relocation

Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:22 pm

RE: Strategic relocation. -An excellent book though there is nothing in there about Fukushima radiation. I asked the author what his thoughts were about Fukushima fallout and he replied that there was no proof that there are any problems. He thought nuclear detonations due to war were more likely. I disagree with him.

Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next