View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Honolulu readings 

Why are the Honolulu readings lower than the symbol?
The symbol is at 3rd stage alert level yet at 90 or even110 it would be at 2nd level
Which is it?

Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:15 pm

Lightstorm wrote:
Why are the Honolulu readings lower than the symbol?
The symbol is at 3rd stage alert level yet at 90 or even110 it would be at 2nd level
Which is it?

There is no set CPM level...

...there is a formula that calculates the daily RADCON levels and that is calculated by that stations previously recorded data.

Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:28 pm

?
To be at 3rd level readings must be above cpm 300 ...right?

Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:33 pm

Lightstorm wrote:
?
To be at 3rd level readings must be above cpm 300 ...right?

It is a formula that the value "RADCON level" changes daily based on the previous days data.

If a stations radiation climbs slow enough over a period of time, it may never move off RADCON 1.

This is why many of the Japan sites around Fukushima are RADCON 1, not because the radiation is safe but because the radiation has been at that level so long it has become the new background level.

Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:55 pm

Then How on earth do you get an accurate reading?
CPM levels should be listed so people know when they need to take precautions, right?
let me try to understand your answer to us, What your saying is that, " if the CPM readings are, lets say, 700 CPM (When your hair starts falling out) for an extended time, that would be considered NORMAL, so the symbol or your readings on your map will show as NORMAL, WHEN FOR A FACT THE READINGS ARE FAR FAR ABOVE ALERT LEVEL?? (sounds like government propaganda) Saying one thing when it TRULY is another!!
We just bought 2 units from you guy's so the people on Maui and our Kids home in McCall Idaho can prepare or take precautions when or if CPM's levels go up or down. These readings should be able to be understood and TRUSTED by layman as well as scholars.
The US considers anything over 100 CPM to be the ALERT level, correct, so why the pretence of a 3rd level symbol with a 1 level reading???
I am trying to make logical sense of this, will you please.
Or are you the NSA screwing with our heads? Please make sense, because so far your answers are unclear, deceptive(showing a high symbol with a low reading) WHY, to confuse , isn't the Government doing that enough because that is what your readings are doing!
Bottom line, A THIRD LEVEL SYMBOL SHOULD HAVE A 3rd LEVEL READING!! If It doesn't it is deceptive and confusing to the public because after 100 CPM we are taking our Potassium Iodide, so what should the public believe THE SYMBOL OR THE CPM READING??
Anything else is BULSHIT (excuse my language) but we thought this site was to HELP THE PUBLIC, Help them to be aware when readings are high in there area, not More GOVERNMENT LIES, CONTRADICTION AND DECEPTION!
Time to get RUTHLESSLY HONEST especially when it deals with peoples LIVES! I am just glad I bought a personal Geiger Counter or I would never truly know the true readings (that I thought you guys were showing us)
Please, either fix the machines so the readings are clear and understandable, or you are all scamming us for NSA or MONEY, which is it?
Very Sincerely Lightstorm

Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:15 pm

Your words are very harsh and I can promise you that we are not NSA or any other part of the government. We are not running a scam on the public either. I am on my phone so a long reply is not an option at this time.

NETC can not tell you what a safe level of radiation is, even the experts can't agree. NETC is an early warning detection system.

More later...

Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:29 pm

Sorry for being so harsh, Didn't mean it, But that answer I got back Pissed me off. how can we trust anything or anyone anymore, there has to be someone left we can trust somewhere.
COMMON SENSE is what our GOVERNMENT is LACKING!
So when I see a 3rd level Symbol reading, along with a 1 level CPM reading of 90 there is 0 to NO Common Sense with any of it.
I guess I was expecting an answer with some sense to it but all I got back was, I have to say RIDICULOUS. either the station is corrupt or or who knows?
Some of the other stations are working correct, example, a 3rd level symbol along with a high CPM that correlates exact. When the station near us was a CONTRADICTION showing a 3rd level symbol with a CPM of 90 what the F___!
And then the answer I got back from you guys or someone was 'THATS NORMAL" because of WHAT??? Bulshit and more bulshit.
Give ma a brake , There is NO common Sense in a 3rd Alert symbol along with a CPM reading of 90.
Something is ether wrong with the device or ?? Its definitely NOT NORMAL (that's what pissed me off). is there any way to monitor the owners of the stations , or able to tell them there readings are contradictory ? truly that is all I was doing when I saw the readings that day 3rd level rad symbol and a cpm of 90?? I know that I wont go to the beach when the levels are high. I just wanted you to know that there was something not quite right with that station.
Understand the Radiation levels on the islands have some days been very high and some days low and NO ONE is saying ANYTHING about any of it because it will hurt the Tourist Trade ( they don't give a dam about the tourist).
Again sorry about the NSA stuff , I would truly like to trust this site, especially since we purchased 2 of your #1 Packages to set up stations.

Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:21 pm
Server Admin

Lightstorm, you cannot directly compare the CPM counts between different sites, for instance, the EPA sites report the gamma counts of band 5 of giant scintillation geiger counters--ones that cost more than I make in a month and probably outweighs myself--and are much more sensitive than almost any other geiger counter out there. 700 counts of gamma from those scintillation counters have NO direct correlation to the beta counts from your handheld geiger counter.

Two different models of geiger counters will also have different sensitivities, and you cannot compare the cpm counts of dissimilar counter without taking that into account, for instance, triple pancake sensors will report normal background radiation in the 150cpm range while the GMC units will only report around 20cpm at the same location.

This is why we DO NOT COMPARE sites to other sites, but we only compare the site's data now to the historical data from that particular site.

It's also extremely rude to shout in the forum, be warned. Enough with the yellow text already.

Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:22 pm
Profile WWW

The Government has adjusted the Alert level many times, mainly because were stupid for using it before we TRULY understand it and the long lasting effects it has.
The STANDARD ALERT level NOW IS 100 CPM (counts per Minute)
Radiation intensity is the count rate which takes into account the energy levels of the radiation being measured or particles in the Air.
Counts Per Minute, Count rates are normally associated with the measurements of particles in the air, such as alpha particles gamma and beta particles.

Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:40 pm

What does that have to do with the question I have been asking , please !
I truly thought it was a simple question
High Alert symbol (red & yellow) #3 along with a low CPM reading of 90 ????? Can you please answer it clearly, Im stupid because I feel you are not answering this question, my only question. because if you did answer it then HOW ARE WE EVEN ABLE TO CLEARLY KNOW and UNDERSTAND ANY READINGS TO BE ACCURATE? I do know 100 CPM to be the US standard alert level with Alert symbol #1 (yellow & green) by US standard EPA as CPM readings 100 and below!
Again my only question is
I noticed a High Alert symbol (red & yellow) #3 along with a low CPM reading of 90 ? WHY? HOW POSSIBLE ? broken, needs adjusting??
HELP!

Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next