View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Potasium Iodine for Children, bye bye pacific? 

pismo1 wrote:
Hi! I am so glad I found this site! I can't even tell you how stressed I have been over this Fukushima crisis! I found a study in Open Journal of Pediatrics that talks about radioactive plume from Japan coming after March 2011 and how babies in womb at time have 28% more chance of congenital thyroid issues. Well, my daughter was in the womb at the time and I am just in tears over the thought that I am on west coast now and we are getting radiated every day! I just happened to do some research a few days ago and found out about Fukushima! I am angry, sad, and frustrated! I grew up at the beach, surfed, lived for the ocean and now I think it may be time to leave.. I have noticed that my kids vitamins have potasium idodine in it... but wondering if I should be doing something else to protect and if so, where do you find info on it??? 77% of RDA for daughter and 33% for older brother... should we try niacin iodine? I know nothing about this!
Second, where is a safer place to live in US? It seems like everywhere is affected.. Is it crazy to be on west coast if have a well and land to grow own food in greenhouse or is it wise to get out now while can since ocean will soon be polluted and that pollution will spread by wind, people, etc? I am just trying to protect my family and trying to be ahead of it as much as possible! Any advice/websites, opinions of you folks would be great!
Thanks!

This is a link to the paper on the study of congenital hypothyroidism:

http://www.scirp.org/journal/PaperDownl ... erID=28599

A couple of things to note:

First, all newborns, including yours, are routinely given a simple blood test for congenital hypothyroidism, because early intervention can prevent the harmful affects of this condition. The state records for these test are what was used in the study.

Second, the total number of cases found from March 17 - June 30 2011 was 122 compared to 95 the previous year which is were the 28% number came from. In other word 28% represents 27 infants out of all the babies born during this period in the west coast states that were studied.

Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:40 am

Thank you! I talked to a pediatric Endocrinologist and she mentioned the same thing, 27 babies out of all the babies born in CA during that time period is quite small. She said they are following Japan babies and more concerned about thyroid cancers.

Pismo1

Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:10 pm

A note on the subject of safe food: Several types of produce from the Southern Hemisphere appear to be in season now. Check the FROZEN section at your grocery store. I have purchased frozen asparagus, kale and some other vegetables recently at Whole Foods . The country of origin is stamped on the back of the packages. If you dehydrate the produce and dry seal it in mason jars, you can enjoy Southern Hemisphere produce later when our Northern Hemisphere summer arrives. (I plan to try to avoid most US produce this coming summer -- so sad. ). Of course, dehydrated produce will have to be rehydrated before use and won't be "fresh," but the nutrients should mostly be there.
Fresh organic blue berries from Chile were in the store today, but they were a little pricey.

Hopefully, our indoor garden and covered beds will be productive this summer. I plan to start "sprouting," too. Dr Mercola
has some good articles about the nutritional value of sprouts as well as links to web pages that help a person get started. Sprouts can be grown indoors where we have some control over the environment. Broccoli sprouts have been shown, in at least one trustworthy study I have read, to combat cancer. Cresson Kearney, the author of the original 1979 Oak Ridge Natl Lab's " Nuclear War Survival Skills," recommends in the 2001 update (at p. 85), sprouting as a way to obtain important nutrients, esp VitC, in a nuclear war scenario.

Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:00 pm

A note on the subject of safe water: if this is a concern, you might research Glenn Meder's Survival Still. Last week he did a webinar on Lisa Bedford's (author of "TheSurvivalMom" --a fantastic, common-sense preparedness guide for anyone) website re distillation. He seemed to know what he is talking about. He has made a simple device for distilling contaminated water. He claims the contraption can eliminate "radiation." I thought it was impossible to get tritium out of water.... In any event, the product is made of stainless steel and medical grade plastic tubing and mfgd in U S.

Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:35 pm

pismo1 wrote:
Hi! I am so glad I found this site! I can't even tell you how stressed I have been over this Fukushima crisis! I found a study in Open Journal of Pediatrics that talks about radioactive plume from Japan coming after March 2011 and how babies in womb at time have 28% more chance of congenital thyroid issues. Well, my daughter was in the womb at the time and I am just in tears over the thought that I am on west coast now and we are getting radiated every day! I just happened to do some research a few days ago and found out about Fukushima! I am angry, sad, and frustrated! I grew up at the beach, surfed, lived for the ocean and now I think it may be time to leave.. I have noticed that my kids vitamins have potasium idodine in it... but wondering if I should be doing something else to protect and if so, where do you find info on it??? 77% of RDA for daughter and 33% for older brother... should we try niacin iodine? I know nothing about this!
Second, where is a safer place to live in US? It seems like everywhere is affected.. Is it crazy to be on west coast if have a well and land to grow own food in greenhouse or is it wise to get out now while can since ocean will soon be polluted and that pollution will spread by wind, people, etc? I am just trying to protect my family and trying to be ahead of it as much as possible! Any advice/websites, opinions of you folks would be great!
Thanks!

get yourself a copy of "Radiation Protective Foods" by Sara Shannon.

Not only does she explain the history and basics of radiation hazards, she details how the body chemistry attracts various radiation sources.

Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:04 pm

pismo1 wrote:
Thank you! I talked to a pediatric Endocrinologist and she mentioned the same thing, 27 babies out of all the babies born in CA during that time period is quite small. She said they are following Japan babies and more concerned about thyroid cancers.

Pismo1

That was not 27 babies, it was 27% increase in infant deaths.

For current and accurrate information on fukushima go to www.enenews.com

Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:08 pm

No,no,no.........no
There is no reference in the study of deaths, how many babies born or ?????

A 28% INCREASE in previous known cases, for a few months. If there were 100 CH cases before, there were 128 during the time period reported.
Or 1280 vs 1000
or 12800 vs 10000
I am sure there were more than a few thousand babies born during that time. 28% more with CH than what would have been expected. The main focus on western states.

I agree, not good at all, but you have to speak the truth to be creditable or you just appear to be totally nuts. The pro-nukes love this, they just point out how wrong you are and laugh. Do not give them the ammo to shoot you with. Read the study.

In addition, they report CH (congenital hypothyroidism) has increased over 75% from 1987-2001 in the USA. I wonder why.

Fight a good fight, time is short, the threats are real.

Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:44 pm

rogerone2 wrote:

That was not 27 babies, it was 27% increase in infant deaths.

For current and accurrate information on fukushima go to http://www.enenews.com

Again here's the link to the actual paper. Nothing about infant deaths.

http://www.scirp.org/journal/PaperDownl ... erID=28599

Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3