View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 CPM Spike 2/28/14 around 9:30-10pm PST 

I have a GMC-300E and live in Poway, CA. About 30-60 min ago the device started beeping and the CPM climbed to over 3000 CPM. It has since gone back down to 12-19 CPM. I've never seen it do this before, and I've had it for over a month. Anyone know if this device is prone to going buggy, or was that spike an actual reading? We have a thunderstorm going on, wondering if some pacific ocean radiation is blowing by with the storm.

Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:31 am

What is your station ID? Where is your unit located? I had a similar set of incidents happen with my unit that caused me to buy a second unit and send the other in for repair. But i only did this after it had several of these types of abnormally readings - 6000's for me. Harlan advised (president of netc) at that point to send it in to manufacturer for repair which i did. I am sure king cobra or hey will chime in on this one later today.

Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:41 am

laurapa63 wrote:
I have a GMC-300E and live in Poway, CA. About 30-60 min ago the device started beeping and the CPM climbed to over 3000 CPM. It has since gone back down to 12-19 CPM. I've never seen it do this before, and I've had it for over a month. Anyone know if this device is prone to going buggy, or was that spike an actual reading? We have a thunderstorm going on, wondering if some pacific ocean radiation is blowing by with the storm.

:idea: Please always post a link to the stations chart in question.

Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:44 pm

That Indiana private site has had reading for sometime I believe to be a geiger tube failing. I believe the NETC ADMIN's have tried to contact the user without success.

Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:24 am

laurapa63 wrote:

Not radiation related, but I'm a Poway High grad, class of '75.

Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:05 am
Site Admin

I have the same setup and my unit does the same thing. I believe it is real and it makes me want to stay inside. What a mess we have to deal with.

Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]