View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Anti Nuclear Group Spins Their Wheels 

Wasting time trying to petition the government either state or federal in the area of nuclear without first setting up their own radiation monitoring station I think is stupid. Every person protesting this plant should have their own monitoring station which using the free NETC Windows download and GMC -200 can be under $100 total!

For example, if crime is high in your area buy a gun first for immediate protection and secondly petition the city for more police presence in the area.

http://www.wbur.org/2014/03/11/pilgrim-nuclear-power-patrick

Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:51 pm

Not necessarily, kc.

Public assemblies bring attention to a cause.

Semi-scientific presentation of a home monitor may be easily refuted and overwhelmed by the Big Money Guys.

Example? Pls review the Nuclear Renaissance video on Plant Vogtel by Southern Company.
...then review the comments...

A growing public awareness shall produce the greatest benefit to all.

An octogenarian nun breaching security at a nuclear facility certainly is clear evidence security shall never be what it should be for the next 100k years!

Home monitors and the network can certainly provide needed support to these people.
rc

Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:29 pm

rustycase wrote:
Not necessarily, kc.

Public assemblies bring attention to a cause.

Semi-scientific presentation of a home monitor may be easily refuted and overwhelmed by the Big Money Guys.

Example? Pls review the Nuclear Renaissance video on Plant Vogtel by Southern Company.
...then review the comments...

A growing public awareness shall produce the greatest benefit to all.

An octogenarian nun breaching security at a nuclear facility certainly is clear evidence security shall never be what it should be for the next 100k years!

Home monitors and the network can certainly provide needed support to these people.
rc

I didn't say to not use public assemblies to bring attention to this nuclear cause.

I tried to make this clear above by using the gun example. People concerned about nuclear are concerned for their families health & safety with good reason. First, they should protect their family the easiest and fastest way they can is by setting up a 24/7 radiation monitoring station. Secondly, they can then protest to bring public attention to the issue.

Just like I pointed out in this example above:

KingCobra wrote:
For example, if crime is high in your area buy a gun first for immediate protection and secondly petition the city for more police presence in the area.

I am sure there were people around Fukushima, TMI & Chernobyl that protested those plants too before they had an accident but then sat around in radiation not knowing an accident had happened. What good did their protesting do prior to the accident if when the accident happens they were clueless. Their "I told you so" means nothing after they come down with cancer for a lack of knowing of this invisible danger.

Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:47 pm

right...
You said to petition without setting up a station prior is stupid.
and then the gun thing.

did I get it right?

Gosh it would be nice if a station was protection!
Double bonus if a petition was effective!

:-)
rc

Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:57 am

Yes, I feel that having a station to know of the present radiation danger is a very basic level of protection because it allows me to know when to leave the area or at the least take shelter.

Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:52 am

Agreed.

Early warning is valuable. At least sooner than the masses, if a big event occurs.
I am almost certain any panic driven mass exodus would be halted by authorities.

We have still not come to terms with our options...
best
rc

Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:28 pm

rustycase wrote:
Agreed.

Early warning is valuable. At least sooner than the masses, if a big event occurs.
I am almost certain any panic driven mass exodus would be halted by authorities.

We have still not come to terms with our options...
best
rc

You have a good point about the authorities not allowing people to leave. It is also important that when people leave their house, take all your firearms. We know from the recent past events that the police take all firearms from your house without permission, in the name of safety and it is unlikely that they will be returned.

Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:50 am

That's a point to consider....

I had considered random opportunists, (scavengers, sometimes called looters), a more significant problem than enforcement types, in relationship to the abode.

My first thought on crowd control, (roadblocks controlling mass exodus), upon arterial highways and by-ways, is that vehicles are quite easy to search for weapons.
(All your eggs in one basket kinda thing.)

But who would go out into an unknown without appropriate personal defense?
...and WHAT might be suitable????

Honestly, I just don't know what to think!
Best
rc

Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:48 am

Where I am from, I can legally transport firearms if stored correctly during transport.

Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:27 pm

Glad to hear that, kc.
Must be a great place.
rc

Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next