View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Kansas CIty, KS in Radcon 4 for Several Days 

Does anyone know why Kansas City, KS has been hot for several days? Also, it doesn't appear as if it is flowing east on the jet stream as would be expected. Would this imply that something is "on-going" there? Isn't there a nuclear power plant there and one more on the way?

Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:40 pm

I live in KC and currently Wichita and KC EPA stations have been taken offline since at least the 18th for Wichita and the 19th for KC. IMAGINE THAT! i wonder what they are trying to hide this month? I have seen a rise for the past month. I can't figure it out. I will state that north of KC and the upper Mid East has been getting hit hard as well.

Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:08 pm

Everyone is getting hit hard the last month or so. Pretty sure it is WIPP (see thread below) or Hanford. They have not contained it. I moved to Maine to get further away from the west coast last month... and Portland has been getting hit for the last three weeks straight. :(

https://www.netc.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=823

Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:18 pm
Site Admin

I feel the same way, both stations in Arkansas is down too. I believe it is WIPP but no way to prove it.
now we must find a way to protect ourselves and family. Are we ready????

Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:07 pm

hey wrote:
I feel the same way, both stations in Arkansas is down too. I believe it is WIPP but no way to prove it.
now we must find a way to protect ourselves and family. Are we ready????

Not at all. It is too bad protecting ourselves involves having the funds to do so. :( They just took Portland offline too.

Watching the map though, it is all starting farther East than NM.... wonder if there is a new leak they are not making us aware of.

Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:56 am

KC is back up. Back below avg for now. I'm not sure the levels are up due to WIPP as I follow TX and OK as well and those stations have not been higher in comparison with KC. And I don't think Fuku either as the jet stream and wind flows don't follow that pattern. I am thinking maybe Hanford?

Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:47 am

teeko71 wrote:
KC is back up. Back below avg for now. I'm not sure the levels are up due to WIPP as I follow TX and OK as well and those stations have not been higher in comparison with KC. And I don't think Fuku either as the jet stream and wind flows don't follow that pattern. I am thinking maybe Hanford?

TX and OK were bombarded Feb and March fom WIPP, if I remember correctly... It really does shift around... a lot. Much of Fuku has been found all over the country. They linked large amounts of (I think is was Cesium) in Boulder, CO. Worst precip from Fuku directly after the fact was in PA.

Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]