View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Fire close to nuclear power plant in California 

There's a geologic hot spot from Ft. Tejon S. P. north to the Grapevine exit on I5 in Kern Co. Ca. Sometimes I get various high readings through the area say between 75 CPM and 115 when I drive through there. If I park and have a meal there I always hit peaks. Look up "known radioactive locations in california/map" on your search engine and you might have some luck.

By incineration I mean "combustion" I was thinking along the lines of the D.U., the D.U. byproducts or vented radioactive materials from SONGS that have accumulated across the street at the Marine base, burning in the dry brush and hillsides on the base and becoming airborne in the process through the rising smoke.

Maybe my instrument malfuctioned, but I keep thinking about ALL of times engineers looked at thier gagues and said "Naw that couldn't be, the system's faulty" when in reality the situation hit the fan...........Pearl Harbor et al......

I'd say trust the instruments first, see if there's a problem and then decide if the instruments are wrong.

The NETC.com map showed elevated numbers during that period all over So. Cal., check it out..

Take care,

GRR

Tue May 20, 2014 2:40 pm

The rad peak at that location could be because of the massive earthwork cuts into the mountains which were required to build that section of highway.
Radon? Natural deposition of uranium?? or some other radioactive element???

It's also possible, at some time over the years, that a runaway truck spilled it's radioactive load if it wrecked after a brake failure coming down that hill. There have been many, many wrecks at that location.
I have little doubt our government would have neglected to inform the public of such an occurrence.

Gosh, if you don't want to eat your sack lunch at the Pyramid Lookout you could stop at Lebec!
Sry, the Lebec Hotel is loong gone!
rc

Thu May 22, 2014 10:29 pm

I've thought the same thing about spills on the highway.
There is one area on a highway I travel quite often in the San Joaquin Valley where there's a series of ponds and gravel pits along side the road. I always get higher readings when I drive past that site and I've wondered what's buried there. I would assume there is a lot of waste that's been haphazardly buried in this country. For instance in southern Los Angeles Co., south of the San Gabriel Mts., the readings are much higher then many areas north of here. Which makes me think there's a lot of radioactive pullution from the Defense Departments many projects that were undertaken in L.A. Co. over the years including the Santa Susanna site. I've found that in the more densly populated areas I get higher readings. Probably because there's a larger number of people creating more chances of spills and people doing stupid things as well as medical waste. Also you can be sure there are reactors that the public knows nothing about at research facilities and private government contracted sites in Southern California. I'd like to see a map with ALL of the reactors past and present shown...........somebody has one.

Take care,
GRR

Fri May 23, 2014 11:55 am

I think RadChick may have a map like that posted, or she can direct you to it...
rc

Sun May 25, 2014 2:07 pm

Check this out:

http://www.counterpunch.org/2014/05/15/ ... ing-havoc/

You won't believe the absolute disregard for safety and the perservation of life on Earth.

Best of luck dealng with the truth..........General Dynamics is out there plotting our future.

Oh yeah, $10,000 a tank shell, what a deal.....

GRR

Thu May 29, 2014 10:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2