View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Explosion and fire at Fukushima may 20... 

I am seeing several reports of fire and explosion at Fukushima. However they all seem to be coming from same source. CAN WE CONFIRM????

Wed May 21, 2014 8:34 am

I am confirming this has happened. I have now seen new footage that shows definite fire. I have seen more news sources though still no major coverage. Anyone else?

Wed May 21, 2014 3:09 pm

Yep. I've seen the webcam footage and it sure looks like a fire. A big fire. I do wonder who put it out....

Wed May 21, 2014 5:15 pm

Some fog rolls in at night and catches the lights from the harbor, which shows up on a webcam, and it turns into mass hysteria on youtube. There's nothing on the live webcam now. Unit 4, the building to the right of the cranes, looks fine.

http://www.tepco.co.jp/en/nu/f1-np/camera/index-e.html

Wed May 21, 2014 7:26 pm

...well, that would explain who put it out...sure did look like a fire though.

Thu May 22, 2014 12:48 am

Perhaps I am incorrect, yet Dana showed hazy/foggy pictures with an orange glow and smoke?/fog? in his streaming commentary just a couple nights ago as he was discussing fuel pool status.
He did say it was at the time of the original disaster.

Thu May 22, 2014 1:58 pm

I was incorrect. Wrong!
That is NOT what Dana had said... I just now listened to his broadcast, again.

He did say credibility for the report goes to Kevin Blanch interpreting a Tepco onsite videocam.

Comments on his rant included this link, which, IMO, offers a credible observation.

http://fukushima-diary.com/

This person's report seeks to quell the highly excited, reactionary rant by the cussin', swearin' yellin' activist who posted a youtube vid.
Not to say the character is wrong in his boundless irritation at those responsible for the disaster and circumstances overall... I just don't appreciate his demeanor and feel it will do the cause no good.
Best
rc

Thu May 22, 2014 10:09 pm

OK

Has anyone seen credible, updated information on this topic???

Un-trustworthy media, and government agencies...
What a sorry circumstance.
On top of the disaster!
rc

Fri May 23, 2014 10:05 am

RC-

I had to chime in when you mentioned YouTube's antinuclear resident "ranting" contributor, Dana. I agree whole heartedly with your assessment and went so far as to send him a private communication months ago explaining why it was bad for the cause to appear so out of control and irrational at times. I shared my opinion that because those with the deep pockets and questionable motives (i.e.- The Nuke Industry) most often seem to have savvy Public Relations folks to present their "opinions," I thought that it would be a smart move for those who feel as we do to use equally savvy and well presented reactions.

What followed was days of rants about PR people and direct pot shots at me, though I went unnamed. I got the impression that somebody finally clued him in that my comments weren't mean-spirited, but hopefully helpful encouragement to take his research and present it in a more professional manner. But... to this day, he rants and rails and leaves many people shaking their heads as to WHY they spent an hour or more staying tuned.

But... SINCE they DO stay tuned, he has no incentive to change. So.... *SIGH* .... I guess there is no stopping him. But THANK GOD there are others who are making headway with rational, well-presented, data-driven offerings that hopefully will get through to a growing audience.

P.S.-I'm relieved to see that I am not the ONLY one to have that reaction to his rants.

Also, I want to add that I saw the webcam video too, and the FIRST thing I thought of was fog. That was long before I read the suggestions and weather reports to that effect. I think it clearly looks like fog, because if you watch it for the extended length of the video, you will see that it moves from left to right across the screen, yet the reactors are far ahead of the webcams. If the fire came from the reactors, you would see the shadowy figure moving toward the cam and growing bigger as it came closer, not simply moving from one side to an other. Also, due to the timing, the webcam would be facing the rising sun which would cast a reddish-orange glow to the background. This may have simply been a coincidence that the two situations occurred at the same time. Because everyone is on a hair-trigger alert mode right now, it is easy to see how it spiraled out of hand. But sometimes the easiest explanation IS the correct one.

At least that is my take on it.

Sat May 24, 2014 12:16 am

Oops... I should have said the "setting" sun... not rising sun. Though I don't recall whether it is shooting into the sunrise or sunset.
By the way, speaking of well presented information... I'm sure you know about Radchick. If not, check out her AMAZING research and interviews. I have reread her presentation on the airline problems about a dozen times now. Her research makes me think twice about what happened to the Maylasian flight MH370.

Sat May 24, 2014 1:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next