View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 NEW YORK, NY went to ALERT at 03:54:00 GMT, But Strangely... 

My apologies.... I originally posted this in the wrong section (Nuclear 01) , so you may have seen this before.....

Original Post:
New York City's monitoring read: CPM: current 336 Low 152 High 336, updated at 03:54:00 GMT. Strangely enough the surrounding monitors did not display readings ANY where near NY, NY's. Only Edison, NJ was at RADCON 3 displaying CPM: current 173, updated at 05:41:00 GMT. Shirley, NY displayed CPM: current 124, updated at 05:49:00 GMT. Other nearby monitors displayed RADCON 1's. At least at the time of this posting.

Due to the lack of other nearby areas displaying fairly high levels as well, wouldn't that imply a fairly localized event? Or... perhaps a monitor having "issues"? Does anyone know anything about this?

Sat May 24, 2014 9:34 am

I saw that and was watching it this morning. R5 for quite awhile, but couldn't find anything in the news.

Sat May 24, 2014 12:19 pm

Been tracking events for abotu 3 months and this is my first post. I find it troubling that the North East coast often experiences alerts and concern/watch; seems that variations are higher here and I am concerned about the average background radition. I’d like to know if the whole area became elevated following March 2011 or are we looking largely at East Coast background radiation. Before 2011 and after data for key monitoring points would be most helpful. My guess is that this isn’t fresh radiation from Fukushima; I think it is radioactive dust which may or may not be harmful depending on what it is. Does the East Coast have relatively high background radiation as its default?

The story below shows the growing concerns in our country. As an aside, I haven’t purchased a radiation detector though Android phone have an $5 application which I am experimenting with to measure air filters including, car, HVAC, vacuum cleaner). Its pretty slick but uses but keeps the camer CCD on so it suck battery dry pretty quick. https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ioactivity

Sun May 25, 2014 8:10 am

All is NOT good, Sway...

Well, as long as we continue dialogue on what we see...

It occurs to me, the operators of the reactors on the eastern seaboard now have the most experience, and their plants are now past their designed life span.

The operators have most likely learned WHEN they can conduct their periodic releases, so it may not be noticed so much, immediately.

I recently watched a video clip where someone pointed out there were 7 million souls within a 50 mile evacuation zone of San Onofre PP, in Kalifornia, which has been shut down.

Question.

How many people are within a 50 mile radius of Indian Point?

Good luck with that
rc

Sun May 25, 2014 1:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]