View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 RASPBERRY PI 2 

Hello, I'm looking at setting up an additional station and have been eyeing the new Raspberry Pi 2. I may pick one up to experiment with. But my question is are you going to be offering the Pi 2 with your software and if so when might we expect that to be available and what price will it be?

And another curiosity, since Windows 10 is being offered on the Pi 2 will your software (wapp4netc) be compatible with that OS?

Thanks for all you guys do.

RASPBERRY PI 2 features:

A 900MHz quad-core ARM Cortex-A7 CPU (~6x performance)
1GB LPDDR2 SDRAM (2x memory)
Complete compatibility with Raspberry Pi 1

With the ARMv7 processor, it can run the full range of ARM GNU/Linux distributions, including Snappy Ubuntu Core, as well as Microsoft Windows 10.

Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:19 pm

I have heard on the tech forums that Windows will offer a version of Windows 10 to run on the Raspberry Pi 2 so maybe people can then use the free NETC Windows software on the Pi rather than having the need for a regular laptop running 24/7.

To answer your question, NETC owner Harlan (user "Hey") would be best to answer that. :geek:

Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:33 am
Site Admin

We would like to use the new PI, but without money, I cannot pay the programmer. Sorry.

Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:16 am
Server Admin

Ah, also, the free winapp will NOT run on Windows 8 RT (or windows for any architecture besides Intel), so the Windows 10 for the Pi2 will NOT run winapp.

Sorry about that.

Instead, you might want to look at a Winbook tablet: There are some out there that dropped to $60-$70 (they can be found for as low as $50), running full Windows 8.1 on a quad-core intel cpu with a standard USB port--that would run the winapp just fine. They're apparently dumping them for some reason, possibly due to the small (and low resolution) screen size and limited battery life.

Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:55 pm
Profile WWW

Hey Zehd,
I wondered since it claims to be backwards compatible with the original Pi do you think it could be used to host with the Pi OS/software you've already developed?

Thanks,

Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]