View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Ham Radio protocol for Netc - when no internet available 
Site Admin

Have you bought the things on my list, we will let you download the software when you are ready. Here is the list

the china cheap radio, I am using is Baofeng Uv5ra, cost on amazon varies from $28 to $36 for the radio.
The PI has new software the Jeff is writing and the test verision is working, need more programming
The control board, TNC-x, controls the radio transmission to APRS freq. of 144.390
The TNC-Pi board fits on the PI and costs $65 from TNC-x.com, completely assembled
I took a mic apart for the connector to the radio and use it to plug into the TNC-x board.

Tell me your call sign and we will program the software for you.

Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:47 am

Just ordered the board. $71 incl shipping. Call sign is KF7TQY. Right now, Heading to downtown billings to take radiation readings to see what is going on around the EPA detector. I have a few Baofengs, not a uv5 but a couple uv6s and an 82L. will those work. Have the software to program the 82, but have not done it.

Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:35 pm
Site Admin

Netc APRS software will be downloaded on a 8 gb chip. It will be installed in a Rasberry PI, the TNC-x will connect to the top of the PI board, so buy the TNC-x PI board, it was $65 last time I looked.

It is still $65 so what unit did you buy???

Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:19 pm

Still $65 +$6 shipping

Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:56 pm
Site Admin

Hamstudy.org

This site is free for people that what to pass the Ham Radio License. I like the Flash Cards to teach me about each question on the test. If you do not understand the question, flip over the card and the reason for the correct answer is on the back. Great way to pass the tests.

Harlan

Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:37 pm

Received my TNC-PI board today. What do I need to to to the Baofeng 6 to get it programmed correctly. I feel like a dog who just caught the car he chased, now don't know what to do with it.

Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:58 pm
Server Admin

I just emailed you some instructions, let us know if you didn't receive them.

That should give you a good start.

As far as programming the radio, just have it set to 144.39 mhz. (I usually lock the keypad afterwords so I don't accidentally change channels)

Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:19 am
Profile WWW

Is there a specific frequency that will be used that can be monitored on case of an event? My HAm is KM4FED.

Adrian

Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:14 am
Site Admin

Data is sent on 2 and 30 meters using the aprs freq. The monitoring I have not setup if the internet is down. Do you have any suggestions?
Harlan
N5etc

Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:20 am

Greetings all. Life has slowed down a bit and I can get to putting the radio transmitter project together. I have all the parts but will have many questions as I go. Question 1 is "is there a particular way of wiring the Baofeng mike to the rs232"

I am working on a couple of projects in addition to this one cuz the EPA is frustrating me to no end. As all know Billings, MT consistently reads higher than any other in the nation, yet no one from the EPA is forthcoming regarding why. They keep saying Radon. Probably, but no other detectors in the wind path show high so what's up. To attempt to figure this out I am trying to do the following.
1. Build/Buy Gamma Spectometer system. Have found great system from Bee in Austalia that will probably use.
2. Build portable particulate trap that can be placed in field. This will generate test material.
3. Add scintillation system to measure ambient CPM on collector plates. Question is, is there a way to add a Ludlum 3 to the NETC system?

Really wish it was not necessary to take these steps, but when you get no info from those who are supposed to be protecting this country, it becomes necessary to do all one can do.

Happy Holidays,
Carl

Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next