View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Ham Radio protocol for Netc - when no internet available 
Site Admin

I tried a separate battery, it lasted two days and it was twice as big as yours. If you do not run your car, it will drain your engine battery. The gmc-320s are just the latest firmware update, but you will need to send it to GQ electronics and get our software update too.
Harlan

Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:40 pm

Hi Folks,

I'm very excited to find this thread. I've recently bought both a GMC-300E+, a couple Beofung UV-5R's and associated cabling and software. I've also been working on several Raspberry PI 2 projects, and would really like to see the NetC software ported to this newer PI. I wasn't planning on creating a mobile or HAM Geiger kit, but now I'm interested. My overall goal is to create a complete weather, radiation and seismic station that will log and broadcast its data. I'm still very early on in this process, but am happy so see someone else has taken the initiative and gotten a working Geiger counter broadcasting on HAM stations.

Is there any new information about this project?

Thanks,

webdoodle
Missoula, MT

Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:44 pm
Site Admin

The ham radio radiation project is working fine. If you need information, just post your questions.

Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:23 am

I would be interested in assisting, however I have been working CW only. My call sign is kc2qku. please contact me at Wreckraiders@aol.com or by phone at 732 5306794. I can also be found on 40 m or 20 m at night. My name is Joe .

Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:58 am

If someone involved in the Ham Radio Project would list the frequencies that you are operating on, along with the mode and other data it would be appreciated.

Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:45 am

I'm not a HAM operator, the owner of NETC Harlan/"hey" is and his programmer (user Zehd) is too. I understand they use the APRS servers. Hopefully when Zehd sees this post he might reply with more details for you.

Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:45 pm
Server Admin

We use APRS packets to send radiation info, and monitor the APRS internet backbone from our server. The pi/aprs code sends a compressed telemetry packet with a special compressed comment tacked on the end every 11 minutes. The special compressed comment has high/low and average values for the past 5,10,30, and 60 minutes, and is used to extrapolate missing data from lost packets.

The server listens to the aprs backbone for these telemetry packets, as well as any telemetry packets tagged as Radiation telemetry as well as "Weather" packets with Radiation values, and records those values into our database.

The radio is set to the standard 2m APRS frequency.

Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:34 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6