View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 FAQ's from Harlan about how Netc.com works 
Site Admin

Quote:
My question is, what standards do you use? Why are some of your CPM readings so much higher than what I'm reading?

First, the EPA's webpage says "100 rems" not 100 CPM. Rems is a dose rate and CPM is just a count of all radiation hiting the unit. Netc.com does not set a standards for radiation, that is not our function. Netc.com server is an early warning radiation service that collects the data from each station and calculates the NORM background radiation level and sets alert levels called RADCONs to tell when the radiation is rising at the station, from its historical levels of radiation.

Different equipment causes different readings and Netc.com does not use the radiation levels, it uses the different between the calculated NORM background radiation for that station vs Current radiation value for that station.

Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:48 pm
Site Admin

Here is another email with questions?
Quote:
Could you be so kind as to answer the following about about your kits:

1 Is the main difference between the GMC-200 and GMC-300E the graphics display and real time clock?
>>Those features are worth the price difference by themselves, but add on the other benefits: Data logging on the GMC-300E while power is off to the PI and GMC-300E. The GMC-300E is power by the USB connection from the PI, so only one Power supply needed and included.

2 Are both units safe for mounting outside in the elements? If not, is there a recommended enclosure that will have minimum attenuation of the radiation readings yet protect the unit?
>>NO neither one of the units are waterproof, I have three units outside, one on a porch, one in a birdhouse and one in a greenhouse. All three running great for over 6 months.

3 If the internet goes down can I access the data of the unit onto my computer screen? (any screen shots available as to what this might look like?)
>>Yes, it is on your local network and just type the IP address into the web browser and the local screen will come up with a three hour graph. Here is the user manual.
https://www.netc.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=360

I noticed yesterday at least 3 RAD-CON 5 Alerts on the map on the west coast. Any comment on that?
>>We have been watching Japan radiation stations lite up like a Christmas tree, and if it follows the jet stream, it would cause the same problem here in the US in about 3 days later. Just a prediction.

Thank you for time to answer these questions.
Kind regards

Have a nice holidays
Harlan@netc.com

Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:27 pm
Site Admin

hi there, I found this website through looking up some information on Japan. can you tell me the radiation levels for BC, especially the lower mainland area of Vancouver. and question - is Calgary Alberta any safer to be?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You missed the point of Nuclear Emergency Tracking Center, we provide an Early Warning Radiation system that tell our customers when the radiation is rising. We need more Radiation Monitoring Stations to help track the radiation and provide historical data at each location.

Sorry, we only have data on the stations on Netc.com map.

Harlan

Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:31 pm
Site Admin

I am trying to speak to someone in regards to the RADCON 5 alert that was issued for Edison New Jersey, See article below.

We would like to know what exactly a RADCON 5 means, and what NJ could do to help/prevent it. If you could please get back to me I would greatly appreciate it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nuclear Emergency Tracking Center - netc.com is an Early Warning Radiation System that takes data from private and EPA networks and creates a NORM background radiation level for each 3000+ stations everyday. When the current radiation exceeds over 2+ times the background radiation level, a RADCON-5 alert is set. This way we inform the public that there is an increase in radiation at the station. It is up to the public to take this information and try to find out where the radiation is coming from and what precautions they feel are needed.

Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:38 am
Site Admin

Sometimes people try to help get the word out about radiation but their information is incorrect and hurts everyone else that is trying to investigate this huge radiation problem. "REMEMBER IF IT ON THE INTERNET, IT MAY NOT BE TRUE" The following is the email message I received, minus names.

Quote:

Mxx Axxxxx xxxx xxxxxxxx, forget the levels it is all about the numbers after they raised our safety limits 27,000 times they are trying to lose everyone in the different levels... the numbers to watch for are .... 50 CPM and over is abnormal,, 100 CPM alert level,,, 300 CPM evacuation or hazmat,, CPM=counts per minute.... Now for the site to watch http://www.netc.com/

Here is Netc.com answer
Quote:
Netc.com would be shutdown and sued if we made statements like that.

Nuclear Emergency Tracking Center - netc.com is an Early Warning Radiation System that takes data from private and EPA networks and creates a NORM background radiation level for each 3000+ stations everyday. When the current radiation exceeds over 2+ times the background radiation level, a RADCON-5 alert is set. This way we inform the public that there is an increase in radiation at the station. It is up to the public to take this information and try to find out where the radiation is coming from and what precautions they feel are needed.

Each station has different background radiation levels so when you say 50 CPM is abnormal - are you talking Beta or Gamma??? What station are you talking about?

Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:43 pm
Site Admin

Today I was asked by a reporter to explain the reading at St George UT. A RADCON-5 alert was sent out, please look at this chart and see why Netc.com issued the alert. It is a one year chart.

Attachments:
st george ut 121213.png
st george ut 121213.png [ 206.4 KiB | Viewed 200385 times ]
Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:46 pm
Site Admin

Here is another email about why there is an alert in their city
---------------------------------------------------------------

i live in reno. why is there an alert here?
--------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a two year chart for Reno. Please do not kill the messenger. Ask why is the radiation level rising each year around December to February. Is it the snow????

Attachments:
reno-121613.jpg
reno-121613.jpg [ 94.56 KiB | Viewed 200284 times ]
Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:17 am
Site Admin

Nuclear Emergency Tracking Center is in the News.
http://www.suindependent.com/news/id_51 ... eorge.html

http://www.wnd.com/2013/12/radiation-al ... -s-cities/

http://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/archiv ... -findings/

Here is a post about the article above.
Let's Glow! December 15, 2013 at 2:08 pm · Reply
The family that glows together, grows together! Now you all know the following:
1-The government knows what is best for us!
-a-The government would never lie to us!
2-The media is only interested in disseminating the news!
-a-They would never stoop to sensationalizing anything!
-b-They have no interest in increasing their advertising dollars by increasing their readership!
3-Private enterprise would never try to sell us something that we don’t need!
-a-They are not interested in profits, only in serving the best interests of the public!
Since all of the above is common knowledge, there is nothing to be worried about. Nothing at all. . .
(I’m from the guberment, and I be here to help you!:P

There are some small mistakes in these articles, but we need to get the word out about Radiation in all forms.
Harlan

Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:31 pm
Site Admin

A lot of questions about alert level for some cities. Here is the latest Alert for San Francisco, CA.

Attachments:
sf-121713.jpg
sf-121713.jpg [ 75.13 KiB | Viewed 200251 times ]
Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:20 pm
Site Admin

Now it is Las Vegas NV that have question about Radcon-5

Nuclear Emergency Tracking Center ( netc.com ) is an Early Warning Radiation service that collects data from EPA radnet database and private radiation monitoring stations. Our netc.com server calculates the NORM background radiation level for 3000+ stations around the world each night. When the current radiation level increases over the background radiation level, netc.com server set a Radcon level based on the degree of radiation increase. If it more than doubles the background radiation level, an alert is email, telling our customers of the radiation increase. We do not tell anyone what level of radiation is dangerous, only the rise in radiation.
Included is the one year chart for Las Vegas, NV. You can see the increase in radiation that trigger netc.com server and issue the Alert condition.

Attachments:
lv-122013.jpg
lv-122013.jpg [ 87.35 KiB | Viewed 200193 times ]
Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next