View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Y Axis questions 

I have been tracking and making screen shots of selected data points in the US and Japan on this site. Today I noticed some changes that have me perplexed:
First of all, cities with very high CPM readings like Miami FL are now off line although their data were quite consistent over that period. For example, for virtually 4 years straight, Miami had been showing numbers over the EPA evacuation level for exposure (20 mSv/year for initial exposure, 272 CPM using a CS 137 as a reference).
Today, however, as mentioned above, Miami is no longer on the map.
Hartford CT was consistently over the EPA evacuation level until today when the Y axis was re-scaled, showing remarkably low numbers.
The data itself has areas missing which were present until today so that in some cases the curves have simply been assigned new values and in some cases, data appears to have been expunged, in some cases from Jan 2011 to Jan 2102.
Since I have the screen shots of previous historical records for these collection points from your site, this is not a matter of poor memory.
South Valley, NM is missing although it was very, very high and its data has been consistent for at least 4 years.
Hartford CT went from well above evacuation levels to very low levels through the recalibraion of the Y axis, as did many other sites.
What is going on?
I am very puzzled, troubled and really hope that you can tell me what the mistake in viewing these graphs might be that I am making.
It might be interesting to note that I have shared your previous graphs prior to the apparent downward revision with several hundred thousand people (and who knows how many more through their forwarding) in the newsletter of our organization, the Natural Solutions Foundation, www.DrRimaTruthReports.com
Dr. Rima
Rima E. Laibow, MD
Medical Director
Natural Solutions Foundation

Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:59 pm

Harlan might wish to correct and add to my responses here.

Dr. Rima wrote:
> I have been tracking and making screen shots of selected data points in the US and Japan on this site.

* Great. The more data logging/backup, the more eyes on this data, the better.

> --cities with very high CPM readings like Miami FL are now off line although their data were quite consistent over that period.

* The management of RadNet has fallen woefully short of what's needed --per:
> http://pstuph.wordpress.com/2011/04/04/ ... on-system/
--so my first assumption about data gaps and outages is to blame sloppiness. I think it's best to focus on the sufficient data and on those

stations which are reporting.

That being said, my impression is that RadNet's 9 energy channels are sufficient to waffle-baffle the public, while being insufficient to do

proper gamma spectrometry --for those few of us (not myself) who are capable of it. (However, here's a fellow who thinks good use can be made

of the RadNet data --if you know how to access and analyze it:
> http://brainmindinstrev.blogspot.com/20 ... ation.html

> Miami had been showing numbers over the EPA evacuation level for exposure (20 mSv/year for initial exposure, 272 CPM using a CS 137 as a

reference).

* 272cpm for RadNet channel-5 --has almost nothing to do with a "ground" survey using a standard Geiger counter. Radnet is using an extremely

sensitive scintillator probe against air filter concentrated particulates, whereas a guy or gal with a Geiger counter (GC) is attempting to

measure the natural plus fall-out accumulation on the ground at a given location (plus any cosmic and heavy float-by radiation).

* While the most likely hazardous fall-out that's readable is Cs-137, and while 99%(?) of what a GC reads (outdoors) at waist level is gamma

--which makes those dose units roughly reasonable, the most typical elevated readings we see being reported by folks using a GC are due to

beta from radon decay daughters --for which the indicated "dose" in uR/hr or uSv/hr has no meaning at all. (Dose units are used

internationally anyway because uSv/hr gets reportage from a diverstiy of GCs somewhat onto the same page.)

* Again: a RadNet channel 5 level is relative, and only to that station's own history/data log. The level is about what's recently been

blowing by in the fickle wind. Harlan is currently trying to disassociate RadNet gamma data from private GC based gamma data.

Craig Daniels

Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]