View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 How to set location 

Just got set up ... but ... when selecting (under register) set my location I get the welcome message it will not let me enter any thing. What am i doing wrong?

Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:44 pm
Profile WWW
Server Admin

That.. may have been an issue on the server. Try it now, it should be fixed.

The new database server we brought online this month seems to be a little picky about certain issues.

Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Profile WWW

Have a question, want to update info for my site so I can show what I have and where unit is located, but when I check my location, it's coming up welcome Delf? whoever that is, somewhere. My info is correct on my profile. Also had that issue some time ago when I had to redo my PC and ended up coming up with someone else's location and name, crossed between two stations. Got to be one of the worst hiccups I have encounted with any account for something I belong too. Took a few days to figure out what was going on and then saw another posting from another member and happens to be the one I crossed with. Almost afraid to update anything so I don't screw something up without trying too... :o

Sat May 02, 2015 8:15 am

Delf here. With a moniker of "Skybug" I have to wonder if you jinxed yourself with this app/server :-) I, too, had a minor issue when trying to establish my location and finally gave up - it shows me as the next town over which is close enough for me.

Sat May 02, 2015 5:42 pm

Hi Delf, ya, last year I had a PC crash and had to do some work on it, needless to say, it hosed all my readings because when I replugged everything back in, it picked another comm port and couldn't go back to the one I was on because it said it was in use. But even then, I signed up again, started inputting the info and got crossed up with another station. I don't know whats up with this, never had any issues with any of the other ones I am uploading too except here. I always lose out on history data, become an inactive station for some time, all because I had a comm port change. so reading the postings, I wanted to put more info in for others to see for my station and all I get is your name up there and doesn't even show my info. I am showing up in the right area of the map thou. My profile info is correct as well. I'm afraid to even try anything now as I don't know the results of whats going to happen or get hosed again... so its showing my name on your location!? thats screwed up for sure. Yup, I hear ya, just give up here as well... Thanks for replying! :)

Sun May 03, 2015 6:20 am

Sorry to hear about that. The PC software does work great most of the time, but it also has some bugs. I have been using the Raspberry Pi software for two years now trouble free. In my opinion, that is the only way to go.

Sun May 03, 2015 6:54 am

Hi KC, long time, no talk. 99% of time my system is running as I check the app and make sure its still reading counts and no errors, but pop on here (the forum) once in a while to see whats new. Other than that, I check the NETC site several times a day checking station indicators for anything unusual. Ya, its a pain, not all of us use the RPi setup, just the app for the PC. It is a drag, I see postings to update our station info to have as much info as possible so others can see if something is going on, but can't trust the system to even get the station info location right, so some of us are afraid to even attempt it without screwing up something again. I wish I could, I love this system and has alot of info and follow it daily, one of the best sites out here and rely on it all the time. Just wish there was a little more help on these small issues to make it a tad easier. I realize its a free site and we the people the users are making and offering our time to upload the data and should just enjoy what we have and we do, but just a bit of help tidying up some things would be nice. Thanks Frank :)

Sun May 03, 2015 7:06 am

Having worked since the beginning of NETC (voice over the phone) with the owner Harlan and his programmer, I have learned things.

1. What often seems like a simple addition or correction to the system/software, it is often not. Plus every edit of the code can and often does cause more bugs.

2. The programmer is paid by Harlan and NETC monthly donations vs. traffic/hits monthly is insulting to say the least.

Harlan is doing a public service continuing to fund NETC monthly. I have suggested many times that he should make it all private, no free viewing. After all if the $20 per year he is asking for is not worth someone spending for access to this network, they are not very interested or serious about radiation. I'm not a fool, anyone can find $20 a year by limiting eating out, smokes, alcohol & many other things.

I completely understand your concerns and trust me, I have a laundry list of software fixes/additions too. If the funding was available the sky would be the limit for us. I was really hopeful in the beginning but it upsets me how people that seem so interested and concerned by following daily, refuse to subscribe for $20 per year.

Rant over ;)

Mon May 04, 2015 7:50 am

Hey skybug...

... had the same problem and here's the fix (portion of a e-mail from Jeffrey Barrow), a great help...

"One of the undocumented features of the set address function on the management page is that you can enter in lat,long coordinates as an address, such as 35.20047132336053,-80.66832385025918."

so...

Just go to http://www.whatsmygps.com and find your coordinates, then enter them in the address box for your site, don't forget the comma and + or - !!!

On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 9:20 AM, <rads@lamarsworldmall.com> wrote:
Need a couple of things (don't want to be a pain and no rush)...

1)I need the station coordinates for my site (on the map) changed closer
to my actual location. Don't really want my exact address shown but the
pond I'm on now (when you zoom in) kinda gives a false impression. No
telling what's in there...

Here is a set of gps numbers for the end of my street...

Davis.rd @ wilgrove Mint Hill Rd.
Google only gives address gps so I used http://www.whatsmygps.com for
these numbers and I would kinda like to just have it placed at this
intersection.

If these numbers don't work let me know...

station ID:

EB702D3F

Mint Hill NC 28227

Hope this helps...

...and pass it on!

View my other posts here:
https://www.netc.com/bb/search.php?keyw ... mit=Search

netc.com (donate will ya?)...

Sat May 09, 2015 9:50 am

Interesting, I was going to try this but now when I select my location in the program, nothing is even coming up. Still says Welcome Delf, and the Select your site area, but it shows nothing there and clicking on the select your location does nothing. Well, glad I'm on the map still, don't know how, but glad I am. I'm not messing with it, I'll just leave it along. One thing that would be nice is if we can select in within our profile area, then it would be permanently in there.

Sat May 16, 2015 8:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next