View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Build a Radiation Monitoring Site - For Less Than $200 

If starting from scratch, then yes.
But I already have s GMC-300 which I've set up as a monitoring station with the wapp4netc.exe running on a PC. The thought about the Pi was to prevethe monitoring going offline when the PC shus down at night.
In light of what "hey" wrote, is it possible to buy just the Pi st GMC-300 that I already have ?

Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:51 am
Site Admin

If you are using NETC.com, what is the station ID # that was assign to your wapp4netc system. Yes I will send you a
PI, case, 8gb chip, wireless adapter and power supply for $106.00 which includes shipping.
Email me: harlan@netc.com

Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:48 am

Wait, so by just having the GMC-200 and a Netc.com member account (just paid the $19.95), I can't broadcast my data from the device to Netc.com without the Pi?

I already have two GMC-200's which I bought for myself (one to be placed near Dell Diamond, Round Rock, TX, and the other in Reagan Wells, TX, a location which could really use monitoring). I got these from GQ directly since they were on sale. I did not notice that you sold them here, but I've been a Netc.com viewer of the Map for a long time. It looks like we need your Raspberry Pi with the extras, but I don't see an option for purchasing just those. I see them on Amazon for $41 each, and I'd like to get both of my devices running 24/7 so I can contribute to the network. Since I've purchased the plan to help run Netc.com, is it possible that I could receive some direction on how to program the Raspberry Pi if I purchase it from elsewhere? Has anyone put together a Netc.com monitoring site by utilizing Geiger's they already had? I also have a Mazur PRM-9000 I'd like to eventually put up too.

One other question... I understand MAC addresses of the activated PC's will be used for the station name... If we build new computers or change network adapters, I'm assuming there's a way to re-register this information? What's the pro's and con's to this?

Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:49 am
Site Admin

I can sell you a PI, SD 8g chip, PI4Netc software ( not free ), wifi adapter, power supply and case for $100 plus shipping of $10. Each unit is tested and register before shipping. If you buy it elsewhere, the software is license to that PI mac address only.

Yes we have other sites already set up this way. The cost for the equipment pays for the programmers to write the software and we loose money on this deal, but the Chart Membership help pays for the lost.

Please help keep us in business by joining the Chart Membership program.

Harlan

Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:37 am

Hi,
I just received the Raspberry PI and the 300 gc.(yay!)
I was hoping to put the 200 gc outside on WWJDs suggested air fliter but , I see it needs a different usb cable. So, for now I am going to work with the 300 gc in a window sill (I need to sort out that the window sill is not next to the router-I'll see how that goes as I get into setting it up). Can I get a cable for the 200 at radio shack? If not I'll order one from netc.
Thanks!

Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:22 am

Pinto wrote:
Hi,
I just received the Raspberry PI and the 300 gc.(yay!)
I was hoping to put the 200 gc outside on WWJDs suggested air fliter but , I see it needs a different usb cable. So, for now I am going to work with the 300 gc in a window sill (I need to sort out that the window sill is not next to the router-I'll see how that goes as I get into setting it up). Can I get a cable for the 200 at radio shack? If not I'll order one from netc.
Thanks!

The white USB data cable that came with the GMC-200 will work with the Raspberry Pi. ;)

With your GMC-200 you should have got a USB plug that has an audio jack plug (female) off the back of it. Then you also should have received a white audio/data cable with an audio plug (male) on each end of it. One end goes in the GMC-200 and the other end in the back of the USB plug mentioned above. The USB plug would go in the Raspberry Pi. I have several of these hooked-up that way.

Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:29 am

I hope this is going to reply in the right place. Unfortunately, I did not get my 200 from netc., so I don't have the cable. Does radio shack have it?
Thanks!

Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:12 pm

Pinto wrote:
I hope this is going to reply in the right place. Unfortunately, I did not get my 200 from netc., so I don't have the cable. Does radio shack have it?
Thanks!

I do not believe Radio Shack has it. It is a special cable and I believe there is micro chip in it. Maybe an ADMIN here knows where you can by one from. You could always contact GQ Electronics and ask them. I suggest email, not phone.

http://www.gqelectronicsllc.com/comersus/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=4527

Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:44 pm
Site Admin

GQ Electronics sell the cable for the GMC-200, do not know the price.

Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:45 pm

hey wrote:
GQ Electronics sell the cable for the GMC-200, do not know the price.

Thank you for your reply. I would be happy to buy it from netc if that was possible.

Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next