View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Build a Radiation Monitoring Site - For Less Than $200 

Pinto wrote:
$2
hey wrote:
GQ Electronics sell the cable for the GMC-200, do not know the price.

Thank you for your reply. I would be happy to buy it from netc if that was possible.

NETC only has the cables that come with a complete unit and do not sell the unit separate, sorry.

Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:25 pm

hey wrote:
I can sell you a PI, SD 8g chip, PI4Netc software ( not free ), wifi adapter, power supply and case for $100 plus shipping of $10. Each unit is tested and register before shipping. If you buy it elsewhere, the software is license to that PI mac address only."

What is "it" in the last sentence? The Raspberry Pi? Are you saying that the PI4Netc software has a limitation of only being able to be installed to one MAC address if the package above is not purchased from you?

Just curious, do Netc memberships come with any packages? I purchased one because I wanted to support the developer. It looks as if I'm paying more to implement a monitoring site having already purchased the GMC-200 from GQ directly if your Netc membership is included though. I'm not trying to skimp anyone out of development costs, but I was under the impression that the $20 membership would cover the software and/or support the developers. If you can lookup that I have already PayPal'd you for the membership, is there some adjustment to that $110 package that could be done?

In my scenario, other than the cost of the Pi, the $60+ is going to the software and development (and ability to use the software on more than one computer), correct? I'm just wanting to better understand the breakdown in costs because I was contemplating going into business selling GMC-200's, but if I can help others understand what it takes (and why) to upgrade to a Netc monitoring site, I could push people that way. We know many owners of this GMC-200 already, and they are just now finding out about the Netc service. All are interested too.

Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:21 am
Site Admin

We only plan to sell the packages, to get radiation monitoring stations all over. The wapp4netc.exe is free. The PI4netc software runs on the PI and it cost money to develop. It is not free and need a license for each PI.
Harlan

Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:30 am

I have a Inspector . Can this be used as a monitoring station for your network? If so what would I need to buy?

Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:47 am

dfelzer wrote:
I have a Inspector . Can this be used as a monitoring station for your network? If so what would I need to buy?

I own the InspectorEXP and it works fine on NETC.

If you have a data cable for it, download the free NETC software and start sharing your data with the world today. 8-)

Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:22 pm

I would like to place a purchase of Package #1 for 3, it seems the order form will only let me order 1 on Pay Pal. I would like to use my VISA air miles card also.
One will go to our Daughter in McCall Idaho, we do not see a station anywhere in the area, the second one we will send to our friends in GUATEMALA (Guatemala City) and the third one for us in Maui on the west side, since we see no station at all on Maui.
Please direct me to, maybe , another order form or phone #
Thanks

Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:00 pm
Site Admin

Email me your phone number and I will call you to set up your purchases.
Harlan@netc.com

Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:20 pm

hey, is there an app for my tablet running Android Jellybean that will work with NETC?
Tnx
rc

Will a home station be polled each minute of every day?
or will the station send when there is a significant variable trend?

If I disconnected the counter for a roadtrip of some sort would that generate an error in the NETC system, generating a manual inquiry??? ...that I might not be available to respond to...

How are these working with wifi links?

Tnx
rc

Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:25 am

rustycase wrote:
hey, is there an app for my tablet running Android Jellybean that will work with NETC?
Tnx
rc

Will a home station be polled each minute of every day?
or will the station send when there is a significant variable trend?

If I disconnected the counter for a roadtrip of some sort would that generate an error in the NETC system, generating a manual inquiry??? ...that I might not be available to respond to...

How are these working with wifi links?

Tnx
rc

1. No software available from NETC to connect your geiger counter to the network through Android, but you can as a chart member have full access viewing NETC using your Android.

2. Yes NETC sends the private stations data in real-time every minute to NETC but I believe the public free map updates every 5 minutes.

3. What geiger counter your using makes the difference. The GMC-320 will save the data and upload it to NETC when connected back to the network but we want stations that will stay in one spot. We do not want mobile data.

Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:39 am

newbie here -

I just wanna understand what I'd be buying if I decided to participate in this.

the current netc offering is for a radiation monitoring station designed to be used indoors - based on images I've seen in this thread and the old posts.

the monitor is on a tether to a mini computer which connects to the intertubes allowing participation in the netc network.

the monitor does not differentiate between different types of radiation - it counts every event - if you want to determine sources and types a sample and a third party testing facility would be required -

I have a few other questions but I'd like to be sure that I'm on the right track with these few basic points before moving on.

Thanx
Lanny

Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next