View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 ONLY 3 LOCATIONS IN USA AND 2 IN JAPAN SHOWING ON MAP 

I opened NETC.COM to find the continental US map only showing 3 locations; Madison WI, Montgomery, AL and Olympia, WA.
What the heck is going on? Is there a major internet outage countrywide? Just askin'.

Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:03 pm

I'm only guessing that it's a server problem. http://www.radmon.org/ and http://www.gmcmap.com/ are OK. radioactiveathome.org/map/ also has a server problem, for several days now.

Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:56 pm

It is 12:30AM here in GA, and the map still isn't showing anyone except Wisconsin, Illinois and Washington. The Member's map shows: Washington, Oregon, Utah, Nebraska, Texas, Missouri, Wisconsin, Illinois, Florida.

Anyone have any ideas how long we'll all be down?

Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:37 pm
Profile WWW

It is 12:30AM here in GA, and the map still isn't showing anyone except Wisconsin, Illinois and Washington. The Member's map shows: Washington, Oregon, Utah, Nebraska, Texas, Missouri, Wisconsin, Illinois, Florida.

Anyone have any ideas how long we'll all be down?

Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:37 pm
Profile WWW

Both the free map and members map seem to not be showing the radcon's 1 and 2. But the radcon's 3 and 4 are. Inactive sites are showing on the members map. Not sure if the Alert radcon 5's are showing or not.

Both of my site charts have been working uninterrupted so this is probably just a glitch. I'm emailing the admin's to bring it to their attention.

You can email staff@netc.com anytime you have a concern.

Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:03 am
Server Admin

Google apparently changed something on their map server recently which made the icons disappear if we had an extra tag in the iconstyle definition that shouldn't have been there; this was what was causing the problem. The icons should be showing up now for everyone.

This was just a display issue in the Google Maps API: the data was there, it was just not showing on the map. Because the problem was in the style declaration of the RADCON 1 and RADCON 2 icons (and the problem was not in the others) it effected all stations that were using the same icons.

Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:18 am
Profile WWW

Thanks so much, I see all is well with the maps today!

Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:17 am
Profile WWW

Zehd wrote:
Google apparently changed something on their map server recently which made the icons disappear if we had an extra tag in the iconstyle definition that shouldn't have been there; this was what was causing the problem. The icons should be showing up now for everyone.

This was just a display issue in the Google Maps API: the data was there, it was just not showing on the map. Because the problem was in the style declaration of the RADCON 1 and RADCON 2 icons (and the problem was not in the others) it effected all stations that were using the same icons.

You're awesome Zehd!!!

Thank you

Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:18 pm

Sorry I was late to the party, but I am glad to see that everything is fine now. Thanks to everyone who helped correct the problem and notify the staff.

Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:10 pm

KingCobra wrote:
Sorry I was late to the party, but I am glad to see that everything is fine now. Thanks to everyone who helped correct the problem and notify the staff.

I second that thanks to everyone who helped correct the problem! Yall did a wonderful job!

Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:49 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next