View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 NO UPDATES BEING POSTED SINCE 10:00 PDT 9/10/15 

Since 10:00 PDT there have been no updates to any sites that I have checked on the regular map today.

Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:01 pm

Just now (1.5 hours later) I see current data for the 1: sites but not for the 4: sites.

Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:29 pm

I came back and checked on 2015/09/11 @04:40 PDT (GMT-07:00) and find the stations beginning with ID 1 were last updated 00:29, over 4 hours ago and stations beginning with ID 4 were last updated 22:25 yesterday, over 6 hours ago.

This is serious; Fukushima is currently being inundated with flooding and uncontrolled contaminated water is being released into the ocean. This is where this network is needed in real time the most. One can only wonder if these malfunctions are other than unforeseen glitches. Call me a conspiracy theorist if you want to, but the timing seems just too close, don't ya think?

Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:57 am

That is odd. I just looked and my charts are up to date. The members map is up to date. But, the free public map radcon's are delayed by 5 or more hours. Harlan should notice this post. Hopefully we'll get a response soon from him or one of the persons who know more about these things. Thank you for bringing this to light.

Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:55 am

I am NOT notified of every change made to NET.com, but I do know that there are missing EPA sites from the free public map and ONLY paid annual subscribers ($19.95) see them all when logged-in. This was done to save bandwidth costs long ago. It would not surprise me if this delay spoken of above on the free public page might also have been done to save bandwidth.

When I am signed-in, I see all of the radiation sites and they are up to date/time. I have often suggested removing the free public page to save the bandwidth for the paying subscribers. Seriously, $19.95 per year is ONLY $1.66 per month for each users access to all of NETC.

The EPA sites (site ID starting with 4: or 5:) often are sometimes by 6 hours to all users. This is due to the EPA and how they often do a public dump of many hours of data all at once. The private NETC sites that start with (1:) should always be up to date/time when a subscriber is logged-in.

Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:00 am

I just got off the phone with Harlan and brought it to his attention.

He said he was unaware of it, but will look in to it.

Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:40 pm

KingCobra wrote:
I just got off the phone with Harlan and brought it to his attention.

He said he was unaware of it, but will look in to it.

Thank you KC.

Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:57 pm
Server Admin

I'm working on fixing the display issue; the map on the main page was indeed only updating about once a day. I do see what was causing the problem, it should be back to normal shortly.

The EPA sites, of course, are always delayed by 3-9 hours, not much we can do about that.

Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:16 am
Profile WWW

Hey Zehd, looks like my old site is showing up on the free map now. It's been inactive since 2014 the ID is 1:8A000015.4 Edmond, OK

Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:57 pm

Zehd wrote:
I'm working on fixing the display issue; the map on the main page was indeed only updating about once a day. I do see what was causing the problem, it should be back to normal shortly.

The EPA sites, of course, are always delayed by 3-9 hours, not much we can do about that.

8-) Thank you!

Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next