View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Are you guys up? 

All ionizing radiation has the potential to damage living cells, yes. Have we evolved while the ground leaks Radon daily? Also yes. The real question is whether any innocent being is being subject to dangerous levels that are caused by irresponsible people or unusual events. If anyone or anything calls out an alert, always check actual instruments, looking back in time to rule out natural variations. Cross-check against nearby instruments to rule out instrument problems. The EPA graph below shows nothing unusual in Phoenix for 4 months. Is it a hazard? No evidence of that. Check back 7 years in the NETC chart map or on Radnet, there's daily and seasonal variations, plus an unusual jump last December, but nothing significant now.

The VT author's weekly report correctly says normal values for GM tubes are 5-20, but then takes an EPA scintillation detector level of 2000 and concludes that the location is therefore 400 times normal. That's faulty thinking. When someone repeatedly raises alarms under this premise, reasonable people stop listening.

Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:25 pm

Bert490, I thank you for clearing that up. I did not pick up on the notion that two different meters were in use to compre to background. I will check the article gain, and write the author. I am still at a loss as to why folks are unconcerned with what we are doing to our home. Given the longevity of these materials this issue should be major news! Thanks again.

Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:41 pm

Wreckraider wrote:
Bert490, I thank you for clearing that up. I did not pick up on the notion that two different meters were in use to compre to background. I will check the article gain, and write the author. I am still at a loss as to why folks are unconcerned with what we are doing to our home. Given the longevity of these materials this issue should be major news! Thanks again.

This is NOT my video (although I do own an InspectorEXP myself) but it will greatly help to explain how different geiger counters can get different readings (CPM) off the same source and the same goes with the scintillation counters. I do agree with you that the damage we are doing to the earth is cRaZy, with these man made isotopes that have nuclear waste lasting thousands of years. I believe most people are not concerned about our current nuclear condition because so many people believe the lies being told to them by the mainstream media. The mainstream media often prints press releases as their own articles, but they are often from the nuclear industry word for word.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x6rnNgRBNg

Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2