[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace_callback(): No ending delimiter '!' found
NETC.com - View topic - Fukushima Radiation Not Seen - Q/A
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Fukushima Radiation Not Seen - Q/A 

To Whomever is running this site.
We are all seeing this shared on various sites. And a lot of people like it. But there is a big question here....why is there nothing shown in Japan>?

What info are you using for this site? It does not seem to be legit due to the fact that Japan is clear.

I would like to see this site continue and succeed but this subject needs to be addressed. People want answers or this is gonna be called a disinfo shill hoax site

Attachments:
File comment: why is Fukushima showing OK?
WTFukushima_n.jpg
WTFukushima_n.jpg [ 28.46 KiB | Viewed 37313 times ]
Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:10 pm

Your question is a common one but once people understand how this network works they then understand that it is real.

I am on my phone and limited on time so I must run but the answer to your question has been answered already in a different thread on this forum. I just have no time now to direct you to it or answer it again, sorry.

Maybe when I get home on my computer.

Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:21 pm
Site Admin

In the absolute mode in Japan, their sites around the Fuku NPP will always be in RADCON-5 compared to other sites. If the fuel rods break and the radiation going sky high, you will never know it because it is in Radcon-5. Netc.com does not use this method, it uses Relative mode where the NORM radiation level is created and compared to the current radiation level to create the Radcon levels.

Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:53 am

If you think about it in threshold/ratio it makes a lot more sense as well.
What the current reading is vs what the normal readings are = radcon level.

Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:11 pm

Attachment:
Fukushima 4-13-2013 Absolute Values.JPG
Fukushima 4-13-2013 Absolute Values.JPG [ 207.92 KiB | Viewed 37282 times ]
Viewing the map using "ABSOLUTE" value is a feature available only to chart members. It can also be used on any of the maps, including the U.S. map.

Above is a screen shot of Fukushima using that feature and as you see in the "ABSOLUTE" color chart to the right of the picture, in absolute mode these symbols have fixed values. You can see that like Harlan/"hey" was trying to explain, once over the >1000 value in absolute mode, there is no higher level programmed currently. If all those sites reach that level then nothing else will change. Even if the radiation goes down at those monitoring stations, the absolute feature will not change because the totals only add. I find this feature very useful to easily see where most of the radiation has went since NETC started recording these stations data.

The normal default mode "RELATIVE" that people use to view the map (this includes the free public map) does allow for the stations symbols to change up and down as the radiation changes. The screen shot you show above with the "WTF" drawn on it is "NOT" in absolute mode, it is in relative mode by default. Those same symbols (in relative mode they are called RADCON levels) have values that are recalculated once a day by the NETC system. It is this new calculated level that sets each of the RADCON levels for that station. Each stations levels are different because they are calculated using only that stations own data.

Here is an example, if your area has been raining 24/7 for say 40 days & 40 nights... do you think the news would report daily that it was raining or would the fact that it is raining just become assumed. Then if it stops raining, that becomes news and they report that.

If the radiation at any station stays at level x for x amount of time, it will look like the "WTF" map you first showed. This is why two different EPA stations (one on West Coast & one on East Coast) can both have the same CPM but be shown at different RADCON levels.

Please note that if you look at the Japan map and do see levels that are on the rise (which is often the case) I first go to this website to see if there is a rain storm near those stations:

http://www.jma.go.jp/en/radnowc/

We know that with rain likely comes radiation, that is a given. Some argue that it's just radon but I don't care... I just assume all of it is bad! If there is rain in that area of the weather radar vs. NETC's map showing a rise in radiation levels... that is expected. I am not saying that this is a safe level/rise, I am just saying what is expected. By seeing that it proves that these stations really are working in real-time as expected. Now if there is no rain seen in that area, this would help to confirm to me that something bad is happening and we can obviously not blame it on the rain.

I hope this helps to explain even more why the map you took a screen shot of looks as it did/does. 8-)

Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:09 pm

hey wrote:
In the absolute mode in Japan, their sites around the Fuku NPP will always be in RADCON-5 compared to other sites. If the fuel rods break and the radiation going sky high, you will never know it because it is in Radcon-5. Netc.com does not use this method, it uses Relative mode where the NORM radiation level is created and compared to the current radiation level to create the Radcon levels.

The problem with this method is, it does not allow for a "comparison" between locations. Not just in Japan but in the US as well.

At the moment, if I look at Station ID 6:1232550343 Iwadeyama Branch Office, Miyagi, JP, it shows Radcon2 with a level of 100. But if I look at Station ID 6:1991099416 Fukushima Dai-ichi MP-8, Fukushima, JP, it shows Radcon1 normal, with a reading of 3000 cpm. There would be no heath risks being in Miyagi really. But I wouldn't want to be anywhere NEAR Fukushima Dai-chi MP-8.

Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:47 pm

Tesla wrote:
At the moment, if I look at Station ID 6:1232550343 Iwadeyama Branch Office, Miyagi, JP, it shows Radcon2 with a level of 100. But if I look at Station ID 6:1991099416 Fukushima Dai-ichi MP-8, Fukushima, JP, it shows Radcon1 normal, with a reading of 3000 cpm. There would be no heath risks being in Miyagi really. But I wouldn't want to be anywhere NEAR Fukushima Dai-chi MP-8.

NETC is not setup to decide what is or is not a safe level of radiation, even the experts do not agree on that level! Using the RADCON system, NETC is an early warning system that shows an increase or decrease in radiation levels. From there members can dig through the data charts and it is each their responsibility to decide what level they believe is safe. As an example, a co-worker of mine has a radon level in his basement of 42.4 pCi/L when the EPA says the action is anything over 4 pCi/L. I am not happy with 4 pCi/L because I believe less is best.

Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:19 pm

Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:20 pm

Tesla wrote:
I fully agree. It's one of those "ask five experts for their opinion on what is safe and you'll get ten different answers" situations.

Yes it is CRAZY isn't it!

Tesla wrote:
In the NETC absolute mode though, there are actual "CPM's" assigned to each level based on your screen cap above.
IE:
Radcon1: <150
Radcon2: 150-400
Radcon3: 400-1000
Radcon4: >1000

I'd suggest there is an "implication" that a constant 1000 cpm may not be the best spot to build your new dream home. :mrgreen:

The screen capture above is from the chart members access page and it is shown in absolute mode which has fixed levels. RADCON levels are not fixed, they are created daily for each station based on only that stations previous data.

Tesla wrote:
I found something stating that Japan's Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency, raised the safety limit from 6000 to 100,000 CPM. All references I can find are from the TFH Media. (Tin Foil Hat - no offence intended) So I'm not sure if this is true.

I have heard it was changed shortly after the accident too but I am not sure what the rate was changed from or what it is now. A link to a valid source would make a great thread if you find it before me.

Tesla wrote:
I certainly wouldn't want to be living or working even in a 6000 CPM environment let alone higher. (I spent my lifetime working in an RF environment wearing dosimeters for that. At least I could control my location in relation to the source of of the RF energy.)

Knowing more about RF radiation than I, may I ask if you use a wireless home router?

Tesla wrote:
BTW.... I'd hope your friend is considering some sort of ventilation system for his basement... :shock:

The funny thing is no, last I spoke with him about it... he has taken no action to correct it. :lol:

Here is a picture I took of his reading which was still in my units memory when he returned it to me.

The EPA says anything over 4 pCi/L is bad.

Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:08 pm

Tesla wrote:
I found something stating that Japan's Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency, raised the safety limit from 6000 to 100,000 CPM. All references I can find are from the TFH Media. (Tin Foil Hat - no offence intended) So I'm not sure if this is true. I certainly wouldn't want to be living or working even in a 6000 CPM environment let alone higher. (I spent my lifetime working in an RF environment wearing dosimeters for that. At least I could control my location in relation to the source of of the RF energy.)

Another user on this forum shared this link already.

Is this what you are asking for?

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2013/04/government-reacts-to-fukushima-radiation-crisis-by-raising-acceptable-radiation-standards-instead-of-fixing-anything.html

Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next