View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Champaign Illinois Station High Readings - Q/A 

just signed up. followed one link or another to get here.

a few things. i see you are from illinois. me too.
i see that champaign, il, has the second highest recorded reading in the country. im REALLY curious to know when that 907 cpm was recorded.

who is taking that reading?
what is taking those readings?
where exactly is the "monitor"?

it dosent take a genius to see that the jet stream is creating a bottleneck in the area, funneling everything to a pinpoint.

am i really from c/u?
well, i know the term c/u.
don gerrard is a complete dumb-ass.
the illini suck ass. dosent matter what sport.
the news-gazette isnt worth wiping your ass with.

Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:40 pm

The station your likely talking about if the ID starts with a 4: = EPA Beta and 5: EPA Gamma

Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:46 pm

i just recently signed up at enenews to follow Annes comments on fuku. she seems to be quite"knowledgeable". i am not the user you are referring to. if you are at enenews, then you have seen the postings by Anne. i cant say exactly what link led me here. i did some looking around, and some reading on your posts. i thought i posted on your stations thread last night, but it appears i did not.

as i look at the different stations, i see some are 4, 5 and 1. from reading your station thread, i see the 4 represents beta and 5 for gamma. the stations you use up north appear to be 1. im not sure what that means yet. the stations in japan appear to be like yours, listing station 1. a high of 21,000 at ikwa, and a single 100,000's at fuku, with the surrounding meters in the 2-3000 range.

too much info. for starters i need to understand what station 1 is. can you explain that?
im currently attempting to learn the unit measurements and conversions.

http://modernsurvivalblog.com/nuclear/radiation-geiger-counter-the-radiation-network

Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:37 pm

Station 1: is nothing more than a numeric tag for the NETC private stations. Members who have access to the chart map also have access to remove or add groups of stations from the map they are currently viewing. For example I can view the full U.S. map with only the EPA gamma stations 5:

Remember 4: is seen at the start of the EPA beta stations, only the EPA's stations. The 5: is seen at the start of the EPA gamma stations, only the EPA's stations.

Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]