View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 California not monitoring Radiation -NETC.com site reference 

All,
I found an interesting article regarding Government officials in California admitting to NOT monitoring radiation.

The Article starts off mentioning NETC as an independent source to monitor radiation.

Good read!

http://beforeitsnews.com/environment/20 ... 87470.html

Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:29 pm

I see that radiation levels are extremely high in San Francisco 398 CPMs. I called the EPA office in San Fran and they put me through to the "radiation expert" and he said that their monitors looked fine with the usual fluctuatiions. I asked him to compare the CMP reading but he said that he was not able to do that. he asked me where I got the info I had and I introduced him to the NETC site. he was very incredulous and said that he did "not know who these people are". I asked him if he would at least contact NETC to gather information about the site and the readings in order to assure that the radiation levels are not at a serious level. he said no I will not do that!...So I spent 30 minutes on the phone getting bounced around - only to get this incredulous person - who was not helpful at all..!!!!

Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:13 pm
Site Admin

Here is the San Francisco Station chart for the last year. Should Netc.com issue an alert that the radiation is increasing over the NORM background radiation or just stick my head in the sand and say "What Radiation?"

Attachments:
sf-121713.jpg
sf-121713.jpg [ 75.13 KiB | Viewed 17764 times ]
Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:32 pm

I just got back from a trip to San Diego, driving down Interstate 5, including Coronado Island, with my GMC-200 on the dashboard. The readings were consistent at 10-25 CPM for the entire trip. No "hot spots" were encountered. Readings here in Oceanside, CA have been 10-25 CPM for the last three days.

Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:56 am

SoCal88 wrote:
I just got back from a trip to San Diego, driving down Interstate 5, including Coronado Island, with my GMC-200 on the dashboard. The readings were consistent at 10-25 CPM for the entire trip. No "hot spots" were encountered. Readings here in Oceanside, CA have been 10-25 CPM for the last three days.

The GMC-200 works great for using outside on an air purifier for better detection of radiation while being connected to NETC through the Raspberry Pi & NETC custom software. Since the GMC-200 does not have a screen, it makes for a poor unit for mobile testing like in your car. I use a GMC-300 in the car on my dash and while at work. I have my GMC-300 set to alarm at 30 CPM so it draws my attention to a rise in radiation. I have noticed many times that when the alarm goes off, if I roll up my windows and turn on the cabin filter so I don't get outside air... the alarm shuts off and the readings go down because the beta radiation can not get inside the car then.

Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:08 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]