View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Why is Fukushima classified as normal? 

I just can't understand why every point on the map in the region of Japan is green (NORM)? Also Hawai is classified as a low contaminated zone. The contrasts between Fukushima and the USA are totally illogical. Why is this so? I think this webpage is kind of dubious. Has anyone of you some explanation for that? Thank you very much for unconfusing me! :)

greetings
Simon

Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:07 pm

CounterSmash wrote:
I just can't understand why every point on the map in the region of Japan is green (NORM)? Also Hawai is classified as a low contaminated zone. The contrasts between Fukushima and the USA are totally illogical. Why is this so? I think this webpage is kind of dubious. Has anyone of you some explanation for that? Thank you very much for unconfusing me! :)

greetings
Simon

Welcome to NETC.

Please read this complete thread because your question has already been answered in there, in detail.

https://www.netc.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=278

Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:40 pm

Ok, thank you very much. I just think that should be declarated on this page. Anyway ... :)

I still would like to know -what's about Hawai? I think it is impossible that the radiation there is on NORM. Are those radiation results even relative too because the nuclear exposure is so incredible high at this place? Please inform me.

Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:01 pm

Dear CounterSmash
I agree I am as confused and
have asked the same question to them and have yet to receive an answer that makes logical sense.
If Japan is considered normal,Then we are in a lot of trouble.
I just want to know the truth when there's alot of radioactive materials in the air.
We all know that Japan is NOT NORMAL so why the normal symbol ?
Today on the beach in Maui with my personal Geiger Counter the readings cpm 348.2 yesterday it was slightly higher. So we know when to take our potassium iodide and other herbs.
I am so glad you asked that question also because if that is how this station calculates readings how are we ever to know when the Rad levels are up or down?
Aloha

Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:08 pm

The RADCON symbols are nothing more than an indicator to help people looking at the map see if the current radiation level is currently rising. I stress the word current. Simply ignore the RADCON symbols if they cause you so much confusion, but it is not fair to call them not illogical just because you do not understand the logic behind their use. The RADCON symbols are not to be used to prove harmful levels of radiation are present, only that the current levels of radiation are changing. Even the so called experts can't agree on what a safe level of radiation is.

You must look at the stations graphs and by looking at the stations previous data, you determine what you feel a dangerous level is. If the station ID starts with a 5: it is an EPA gamma site and 4: is the EPA beta site. Feel free to call the EPA and ask what a safe level is and why their readings are so high. I believe less is best so that is my goal.

NETC is an early warning detection system. The RADCON symbols aid in that system as early warning indicators and nothing more! I stress early as in current and to do that it needs to work off the stations more recent data. If a stations CPM stays at x level for x amount of time, that becomes that stations new NORM level (please see link below) as seen by the networks RADCON system and if a rise is seen from there the RADCON levels with show it.

http://www.netc.com/Radiation-NORM.html

Side note: While some private radiation monitoring networks have set a value of 100 CPM as their ALERT level, I have never seen were the EPA supports that. Furthermore the users that spew that misinformation around as fact without giving proof of their claims, are doing a disservice to the general public wanting to learn more. While 100 CPM should cause concern, I personally would not take potassium iodine tablets as others have suggested when just 100 CPM is reached. I suggest everyone do their own research on that topic, there are safe forms of iodine you can take daily. Do not risk burning out your thyroid just off fear when 100 CPM is reached. For example, your geiger counter could be registering gamma only which caused the 100 CPM with no threat of internal exposure which those pills are only to be used in am emergency against internal exposure. Two different types of geiger counters be different sensitivity (My InspectorEXP background is 34 CPM and my GMC-200 is 19 CPM) so that method flawed from the start.

The more you learn about radiation, the more you will understand how little you know. Be very careful of what you say or you might end up looking like a fool. I too am learning new things on the topic of radiation daily.

KI pill information:
http://enenews.com/gundersen-govt-buying-14-million-iodide-tablets-during-nuclear-disasters-dont-big-order-audio

Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:35 pm
Site Admin

Hi, CounterSmash
I understand you are new to Netc.com Forum, so I will be glad to explain how you are misunderstanding the word "NORM". N.O.R.M stand for Natural Occurring Radioactive Material and NOT normal. Anyone that uses normal to describe Fukushima disaster must be crazy and needs to go work over there, Japan is looking for a few crazy people.

Netc.com server calculates the NORM (Natural Occurring Radioactive Material) from the CPM (counts per minute) over a three month time period. That becomes the NORM background radiation level. This is done every night on all 3000+ stations. During the next 24 hours, the radiation level is compared to the NORM background radiation and the delta increase in the radiation level set the RADCOM (Radiation Condition) level.

One last thing, does a disaster like Fukushima counts into the NORM (Natural Occurring Radioactive Material)? The answer is YES, why. The scientists set the standard, before Netc.com ever existed. I would have used a different acronym, like Total Background Radiation or TBR. What would you use to discribe the TBR?

Harlan

Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:01 pm

Any form of Radiation is in one way or another Harmful.
There lies the problem.
Maybe in 100 years from now they will start to understand the effects that come from Radiation.

Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:17 pm

lightstorm, Understanding Radiation is a big but not complicated subject. There is two books that do this, to provide a reference on the pressure levels of radiation, known as the elements, or should I say the patterns of consciousness of Homo sapiens . First is " The Promenthians" . Second is " The Poison Reign" , Both are by Joseph Scogna Jr. Written in the early 1980s . The fist book is almost 1000 pages , the second book is a must read on what to do about different types of Isotopes when exposed . However , I think I have just spotted one of the first symptoms of exposure, which is the symptoms of X-Ray exposure. Here is what I know. I drove from Oregon coast to Sac. then to San. Fran. , spent couple days on the deck of my sailboat cleaning it, then drove home to Oregon. When arriving home I had a Very! intense itching on my left arm, mostly above my wrist, at least aprox. 6 inches of skin on the thumb side of my arm. Then I realized that all that driving, I used my left arm on the steering wheel, exposing that side of my arm to the Radiation I had traveled through. Pro- Nuc propessor at Berkeley are you listening? ! . Knowing exactly what I know about Niacin, I took 800 mg, and had a good reaction, notice I used the word Good. After the reaction subsided - THE ICHING HAD STOPED ABOUTSEVENTY FIVE PERCENT ! Now I continue each succeeding day unloading the previous exposure.

Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:39 pm

Dear Rodney
Thanks for all the info!
It's a shame that we have to play lab rat with ourselves
since the doctors don't know sh__!
About 5 months after the explosions at the plant in Japan our daughter who lives in Idaho came down with a strange ichey rash, she is a musician and was on tour all through the west coast. the doctors perplexed and tried all sorts of things that didn't work, and the little patch of rash, it lasted for almost a year! If we, she only could of related the chance of radiation exposure as the cause we could have taken care of it.
Needless to say, she's now taking Niacin, no rashes and we got her and her husband a Geiger Counter. Since it's impossible to believe the Government or doctors know what the hell there doing when dealing with radiation.
Rodney, thanks for all your help, stop playing lab rat!
When the readings are high stay indoors stay healthy! And thanks fot testing the niacin for us and everyone! We believe you and are taking it (the whole family).
We also have been making Nano Colloidal Silver & Gold .
We purchased a machine 4 years ago that makes both in nano particles.
And is Excellent in maintaining all round body health. Along with being vegan most of our life.
May you and your family stay healthy, wealthy and wise!
Aloha

Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:12 pm

lightstorm Thanks for the acknowledgement, very glad for your daughter, maybe now I can tell you most important data on Niacin . I emphasize important , Just was not sure if I could release this without people validating its success in dealing with Radiation first. If, I had Cancer and I took 300 to 500 mg. of Niacin, a day ( for how many days, everyone is different ? ) I Just Might Turn The Situation Around . Also I would stay Alkaline with drinking water, anywhere from 7.2 to10.4 . Previously I saw a post here, not from me, that stated one would take 2 to 6 grams ( 2000 to 6000 mg. ) That is absolutely irresponsible, and might be dis-info, an effort to discredit NETC . Hey, you better ck. it out. Aloha

Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next