View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 EPA Stations not on Map 

You all need to follow and check out this site...

its run by Christina Consolo - she is known as the RadChick - follow her and spread her word, she is good

http://climateviewer.com/2014/02/03/fal ... ry-3-2014/

This site predicts where the radiation fallout will be and it follows the EPA and other stations that get fed into netc.com

She is also on FB under RadChick Radiation Research & Mitigation

Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:11 pm

This is new on the EPA site as well....something is fishy...
http://www.epa.gov/radnet/

Fukushima Information and Resources
EPA is aware of some public concern that has been raised by recent articles about the impact of the potentially ongoing radioactive leaks from the damaged nuclear reactors in Fukushima. EPA’s air monitoring data have not shown any radioactive elements associated with the damaged Japanese reactors since late 2011, and even then, the levels found were very low—always well below any level of public health concern.

We are providing the following links to the most current information from trusted scientific organizations that continue to monitor the situation:

•Situational Updates – International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) Exit EPA Disclaimer
•Current Radiation Monitoring: RadNet - U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
•Food Safety –
◦U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
◦National Academies of Science (NAS) (PDF) (6 pp, 638 K) Exit EPA Disclaimer
◦Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution Exit EPA Disclaimer
•Marine Debris – National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
•State-Specific Sampling Programs - Oregon Exit EPA Disclaimer
•Frequently Asked Questions – U.S. Environmental Protection Agency

Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:15 pm

And this...June 30 Statement blatant lies....

In response to the Japanese nuclear incident, EPA accelerated and increased sampling frequency and analysis to confirm that there were no harmful levels of radiation reaching the U.S. from Japan and to inform the public about any level of radiation detected. After a thorough data review showing declining radiation levels, on May 3, 2011, EPA returned to the routine RadNet sampling and analysis process for precipitation, drinking water and milk. As always, our 24/7 air monitoring stations continue to measure radiation levels, alerting scientists to even slight changes.

It is important to note that all of the radiation levels detected by RadNet monitors and sampling have been very low, well below any level of public health concern. Across the RadNet system, we saw decreasing radiation levels during April and May. Since May, sample analyses have predominantly shown no detections of radionuclides associated with the Japanese nuclear incident. EPA continues to work with federal partners to monitor the situation in Japan and stands prepared to accelerate radiation sampling and analysis if the need arises. Data will continue to be available on EPA's public website.

EPA's nationwide radiation monitoring system, RadNet, detects radiation in two ways: air monitoring and sample analysis.

Air Monitoring: More than 100 air monitors measure radiation 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This system allows our scientists to keep very close watch over radiation levels at all times. This system lets us identify normal background radiation levels in an area. The air monitoring system alerts us if radiation levels increase outside of this normal range, allowing us to take action if necessary. Get the data | Learn more about 24/7 monitoring

Sample Analysis: During normal operations, EPA analyzes precipitation samples every month, and drinking water and milk samples every three months. This analysis allows us to detect minuscule amounts of radioactive material and gives our scientists information about the specific radioactive materials present. Get the data | Learn more about lab data

Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:17 pm

I'm merely a member here, but got up the moxie to call the EPA today and ask what was going on. FIrst of all, they claimed that they were doing some work on their server, but that their monitors were all working okay. I was given instructions to create a search for my specific city to obtain the current data, only to find that the website has not been updated in order to allow people to search for anything in the year 2014. It stops at 2013. The gentleman was very nice but clearly antagonistic about the readings. He claimed that they NEVER have seen radiation from Fukushima present its self on their radiation monitors. When I politely asked how he could explain the fact that we can look at mapping of the data and SEE the radiation aloft on the jet stream, he said that it was radon gas only showing up when the wind shifted. He claims that their monitoring (all 130 monitors) have been running consistently without disruption for a long time. In the end, I was forwarded to someone else's voice mail, a man whom I've left numerous phone requests for a call back over the past few weeks, plus emails... to no avail. Considering the non-updated EPA search webpage, the fact that they are blaming others for not being able to read the data (NETC), and claiming that the monitors have only been showing radon gas....I think they are politely shutting down information.

But... if you look at Japan on NETC's site at this moment (10:03 pm CST) it has Tokyo and north to Fukushima completely lit in the red RADCON-4. I think that something has happened and all information is being shut down. At least that is my take. I got the feeling that the more he ever-so politely explained (repeatedly) that all things were running just fine and the problem must be on the other end, he was not being honest. That's just my take, I'm sorry to say.

Clearly, when the s**t hits the fan, we are left to fend for ourselves. "Radon" my ass !!! (Sorry, getting angry here.) So the moral to THIS story is to beat the bushes in your area to get more privately-owned monitoring stations up and running. I plan to do the same. So much for our taxes.

Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:09 pm

They're BAAAAAACK.

Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:27 am
Server Admin

Yes, I just noticed that myself. And, as I figured would be the case, there's a huge gap in all the data they're giving us from around noon Saturday to around 9pm Monday.

Yes, Sunniesmilin, I even checked the per-city web form at https://cdxnode64.epa.gov/radnet-public/query.do and while I had no trouble sending the query with the correct dates, it gives the same thing that our back-end data url gives: a data gap from 02/01/2014 16:49:00 GMT until 02/03/2014 15:45:00 GMT (using Little Rock, AR as an example).

The problem was that EPA's Oracle database server where they record the readings on was frozen or something. For some reason we could query the database, but no data was being added to it.

Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:58 am
Profile WWW

Monitoring Sites
All Active : 328
Active Private: 69
Active EPA Beta: 34
Active EPA Gamma: 96
Active Japan Limited: 129
Active Japan Full: 2696

Hm. I have not posted these numbers for a few days, as the "Security Certificate" issue came up right after the 28th of Jan, and I figured that it could be Harlan's certificate expired. I imagine that is the reason for the reduced numbers of members and guests here the last few days.

Please note: I believe the total number of EPA BETA sites (begin with a "4" in the ID number) is 45 or 46 sites total. You see that 34 are active.

And the total number of EPA GAMMA sites is 125 or 128. They were ALL off for the last two days. You see that 96 of them are now active and turned on, and providing information. (these site numbers begin with a "5", ok? And GAMMA is the type of radiation hardest to stop.

OK, now. Look at the number of private sites - it is 69. (These sites begin with a "1"). That's all the NETC members with inexpensive geiger counters connected to this site, giving us and the rest of the world information. There were only 40-42 of them on New Year's Day a month ago.
I am ordering one right now. You might want to consider the same.

Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:59 am

Update: I just ordered the 320 package, as I said I would. $259.00. And I can't really afford this. But how can I NOT afford it? I am part of the frontline here. And if you are reading this, whether you are a paying member or not ---- you are too, aren't you. Got loved ones?

They just turned the lights off on us for two days here.

Make your decision accordingly. Norski.

Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:24 am

norski wrote:
Update: I just ordered the 320 package, as I said I would. $259.00. And I can't really afford this. But how can I NOT afford it? I am part of the frontline here. And if you are reading this, whether you are a paying member or not ---- you are too, aren't you. Got loved ones?

They just turned the lights off on us for two days here.

Make your decision accordingly. Norski.

I am glad to hear you ordered a package, remember that while setting up an outside (air sampler) air purifier station is not required... you will get your best readings that way.

I agree with you about the lights off comment, I use my outside station to determine if it is safe enough (my opinion) for my kids to play outside. I can't imagine not having a unit myself and the ability to do this for my family.

Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:03 am

It appears that ALL of EPA monitoring stations are no longer on the map today. When I checked their website on a few of the stations it appears that they are still recording data. Thus it would indicate that the linking to NETC's map is what is broken. Did EPA changed the way the data can be linked? Or more seriously are they actively preventing the linking of the data to NETC's site? I hope it is just the linking is broken and not an active block.

Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next