View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Inactive Site Notification Feature 
Site Admin

New feature - Netc.com software has been updated on the server.

When your monitoring site goes inactive, a text message will be send to your email address or a text message will be sent to your phone. All you need to do is go to profile and add your phone number or email address to the inactive field.

Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:10 pm

This new feature has helped me many times already. Since I own several stations being hosted at friends and family houses, using his new feature I can now know within 10 minutes of their systems inactivity. This feature has allowed me to ensure less downtime for my station and more data as a result for me to review on the charts.

If others that want to use this new feature, they can simply go to the "User Control Panel" on the forum and then select the profile tab. You then see the inactive alert field and for me because my cellphone provider is ATT, I entered xxxxxxxxxx@txt.att.net (x=your phone number) and then I saved the new information. I could have used an email address but I prefer a text sent to my cell phone.

If you have a cell phone provider other than ATT, you will need to use something other than @txt.att.net I suggest using Google to try and find what is needed for your provider or just use it as an email alert.

Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:27 pm
Site Admin

The wapp4netc has a new feature - under the drop down menu ( top left) you can set the alarm level for your site. The high level is one option or the 10 minute average is the second option for the alarm level. Two alarm sounds are available, one from Startrek and the other from the police, or chose your own file, music, etc. (Must be in wav format). This version also sports new improved compatibility with old systems! Have fun

Please download the new version at http://netc.com/software/ today!

Harlan, netc.com

Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:10 pm

I would like to point out again a feature that I suggested long ago and thankfully Harlan/"hey" liked the suggestion enough to tell his programmer, "Make it happen please!"

NETC allows you to have the network auto-text your phone if any station registered to you goes off the network for 10 minutes or more. I have found this feature so useful for obvious reasons. I have units setup in different locations, one of those out of state. When I receive the text for this unit I can call the host station operator and step him through problem solving steps to determine why the unit might have went down.

From the forum go to the top and select "User Control Panel"
Then select "Profile"
From here you see a spot labeled:

"Inactive Site Notification Email: Notify this address when my site goes inactive."

You can use a standard email here or if you use AT&T cell phone like I do, here is what will work for you: YourNineDigitNumberHere@txt.att.net

If you use a different cell carrier, yours will be different and I am not sure their exact format. You can search Google to try and figure it out or another user could answer this for us. Clearly we can't test any cellular service that we do not own.

Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:07 pm

Glad I could help. The design of the station names were made because of necessity of letting stations come online without going through 100 questions and manual assignments. All designs have their drawbacks.
Harlan

Decrease your exam stress by using our latest Pass4sure 642-813 free dumps - pass4sure.co.uk and best quality testking and wikipedia We provide with 100% pass Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) along with COMPTIA and selftestengine EXIN

Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]