View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Hiroshima Diet / Chernobyl Diet 

With regard to the Blueberry and diet topic I wanted to post this regarding the diet after the Hiroshima bomb was dropped. Maybe some of you have seen this but there is good research to show the survivors that were near the hypocenter were on a strict diet of RICE, MISO, SALT and PUMPKIN among other vegetables such as cucumber, but the main point was to not eat any sugars!

"3) Kataoka Toshiko: She was in the hospital building at the time of the Nagasaki atomic bombing and broke her shoulder. However, she she said did not suffer from atomic bomb syndrome because of the hospital food. She now lives in Himeji and works as a Catholic sister and remembers Dr. Akizuki saying, “Eat Yang food, don’t eat sugar.” Dr. Akizuki yelled at people who were eating sugar and sweets at the hospital.

Dr. Akizuki’s diet, which consisted of brown rice, miso soup, and salt, was helpful for preventing people from suffering from the atomic bomb syndrome."

Download the PDF here: http://yufoundation.org/furo.pdf

Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:38 pm

I have heard about this diet, it is much the same used by some doctors after Chernobyl. I notice that this diet you point to does not have meat or dairy either. I recently seen a documentary that was recommended to me, it is called "Forks not Knifes" and is available off NETFLIX. They talk in there about a study that was done with a group of mice that had cancer tumors. This group of mice was feed 5% animal protein and I believe they said the tumors stayed the same or got smaller. Then then after 3-weeks of that they put the SAME group of mice on a 20% animal protein diet which caused the tumors to grow. They repeated the test over and over again with the same results. Interesting don't you think. Although a quick look on YouTube I couldn't find the complete documentary, only trailers. I did find this blog/article that talks about just what I did above and more:

http://www.confessionsofawannabe.com/2011/11/03/forks-knives/

I have also seen many of Kevin Blanch's YouTube videos. He is very much anti-nuclear (which I believe we all should be for many reasons present a future) and he is a cancer survivor of 2-years so far. Just yesterday I watched one of his recent videos and there was a small spot in his nuclear rant where he mentioned eating fresh vegetables as protection.

I do believe that in the U.S. we eat too much meat, but that is just my $.02 which doesn't mean much. I believe that I will always eat meat, but I will not lie... about a month ago after learning much of this (and being in the hospital 4-days from a bad sub sandwich) I have reduced my meat intake to maybe once a week and replaced much of my dairy with coconut milk. Of course I also try hard to avoid any GMO's and celtic sea salt too for obvious reasons.

I found it, starting at 6:40 minutes in he mentions what he as 2-year cancer survivor recommends to protect yourself and children from the cancer we know comes from Fukushima & other NPP's.

WARNING = STRONG LANGUAGE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7bNOR8Psgc&list=UU9xHDLLjog6uGaNc8TKwX9A

Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:40 pm

Very cool. I think being a vegetarian is the best thing you can do for your body. Vegan is challenging, but cutting dairy out of your diet will make a huge improvement on your health. Now more than ever is a great time to become a vegetarian!

Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]