View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Trouble setting up wireless for PI & gmc-300 

I just recieved my PI & gmc_300 today and have been trying to get the wireless aspect of it all to work. Right now I have it plugged in via ethernet cable to my wireless router and it appears to be working correctly that way.

So at this point I'm stuck where to plug in the mac address for the PI. I did plug in a speaker to have the PI tell me the mac address for it is so I have that. I've gone to the software page and downloaded and installed the GMC-300 driver and the wapp4netc.exe file. I also have been looking at the PDF manual and I'm seeing a screenshot that says Status and Configuration for the PI4NETC software however when I open the software it doesn't look anything like the screen shot. I'm guessing I need see that screen so I can click on the wireless tab so I can then setup the wireless?

Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:12 pm

The screen you are looking for can be accessed by entering in your pc web browser the local IP address that your wireless router has assigned to the Raspberry Pi. This is they same type of process you use to access your router menu. Try looking in your router menu and see what IP address has been assigned to the Raspberry Pi.

Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:05 pm

Thanks King Cobra. That got me going.

Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:10 pm

Kyle_G wrote:
Thanks King Cobra. That got me going.

I am glad to hear that, welcome to the network! I know you already said you have it working. Another way would have been to connect speakers to the Pi audio out and then connect the Raspberry Pi to your wireless router direct using an internet/ethernet cable. Now unplug the Raspberry Pi - plug back in and listen, the unit will speak to you with important information. One of the important things that it will speak to you is the local IP address that it is using. Now take that local IP address http://xxx.xxx.x.xx/ (the last number can be 1 or two digits) and enter it in you computers web browser that is connected to your local network. It is important that you use a computer that is local (connected to your home wireless router) internet. You should now see the Raspberry Pi menu and within this menu system you can enter the name/SSID of your wireless router along with your wireless routers password. Then unplug the AC power to the Raspberry Pi, unplug the internet cable, and make sure your usb wireless dongle is in the Raspberry Pi before you plug in the raspberry Pi again. It should connect to your wireless router now.

-- ATTENTION ALL CURRENT WIRELESS RASPBERRY Pi USERS --
As other new users announce that they have the same problem trying to connect, please feel free to help direct these new users what they need to do. We are a community with the same goal. There are so few of us (staff) and new users each day.

Any help you can give new members is GERATLY appreciated! 8-)

Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:39 pm

I'm having issues accessing my Raspberry Pi via web interface. I've tried using both the Pi's MAC and the IP that is assigned to it. In either instance I get unable to connect. I've tried IE, Chrome and even Firefox. I can ping the unit with both the MAC and IP. With it connected to the LAN I am still broadcasting data, my Station ID: 1:EB436E46. However I want to set this up on my WAN so I can put this unit outside on an air filter. I figure either one of two things may have happened. Either my Pi has an issue that it came with or one of the college kids that live nearby have hacked into it. And since I didn't get into it when I first received it I don't know if it every worked with the browser interface.

Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:44 pm

@Lee971 - I will pass on your request for help to an ADMIN since this sounds like I can't help you with it. Glad to hear it is still sending data though.

If you have a speaker connected to the Pi, unplug the Pi & then plug it in again. Listen to the Pi and write down the IP address that it tells you. This is the IP address that your wireless router has assigned it. This is the IP address you need to enter in you computers browser to access the Raspberry Pi. The computer you try to access the Pi with needs to be running off the same local network, router.

Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:00 pm
Server Admin

Acutally, Lee971 has the ORIGINAL pi4netc software that didn't have a web interface.

Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:24 pm
Profile WWW

Well that explains it. So is my only option to login to the Pi with an hdmi monitor and usb keyboard? Or is there a way to remote into the OS?

Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:34 pm

@Lee971 - I am sure that one of the ADMINs will workout something that you will be happy with.

Email staff@netc.com and give your details of the problem.

Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:41 pm

KC,
I've actually already been contacted. I was told that the unit can be updated remotely. I'm awaiting further instructions or notification that it was done.

Thank you,
Lee971

Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next