View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Weird spike in McCall Idaho? 

Anyone, please help us understand why there would be a high Rad spike in the data chart on our kids network in McCall Idaho last week there was one also.
This week I noticed 2 on the 10th of April at 1:30 and another at 6:30 pm , 1317 cpm.
I called them to see if they were messing with the unit ( moving , adjusting etc. .)
No , they said they haven't touched it since setting it up.
Anyone know why this might be happening?
McCall home is 6 thousand feet above sea level, Geiger Counter is set up outside under a covered porch in snow country.
Check it out, it can be seen on the data chart. McCall Idaho station ID: EB2E7781
Anyone have any ideas?

LIGHTSTORM

Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:40 pm
Site Admin

The PI is running an older revision of PI4netc. Netc.com has updated the software and removed the two spikes on the charts at McCall, ID.

We are always trying to maintain the PI software so that the data is reliable, the cost is always free because of the data that each stations provides to the overall picture of radiation in the world.

Harlan

Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:52 pm

Dear Harlan
I am confused,
Did it spike? Yes or no, please answer me, I am unclear. (and if no is the answer is it because the powers that be adjusts the STANDARD?)
Or is your reply what i think it means, and the older unit or program, is because the powers that be forgot to reprogram or update it with what they want us to see, just so we, as the ignorant public don't notice too much of whatever the bastards are doing.
Or, I just misunderstood you because of my ignorance in this field. and I am leery, and just don't trust our Government.
Could you PLEASE reply as if I don't know what the hell your talking about. (ie.older revision of PI4netc.) (PI software ) (provides the overall "picture" of radiation in the world ??)
Thanks Sincerily,
LIGHTSTORM
PS.
So did it really spike Yes or No, on the old program ?
(Did the older program gave a more honest evaluation, because maybe, in the old days when our government wasn't Sooo devious and controlling as today, in telling us how much Radiation was OK or not OK , because to this day they still do not understand the long term effects of RADIATION!)
In fact on Netflix there is a new Documentary telling everyone how "GREAT"" NUCLEAR PLANTS ARE on our environment !! HA! HA ! HA !

LIGHTSTORM

Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:44 pm
Site Admin

Do not read anything into the software/hardware bug in PI4netc software. The GMC-320's have spiked the radiation count by not sending the data to the PI software. This is a fix for the problem. Do not accused netc.com or me of hiding the spikes if they are real, but if the spikes are false, then Netc.com will remove them from the map so that the public will have the true information about the increasing of the radiation across US and the world. If this is not acceptable to you, to have true radiation data, then your sites are not needed on Netc.com with false data.

Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:35 pm
Server Admin

EB73D1AC wrote:
Dear Harlan
I am confused,
Did it spike? Yes or no, please answer me, I am unclear.

Just to clarify: the software on that Pi hit a condition that caused it to report a single really high (and fake) figure to the server after being asleep for an hour.

The software update fixes that problem.

Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:33 pm
Profile WWW

Thank you for your quick reply and I understand clearer the units programing .
And for the record, I was not accusing netc of any wrong doing at all .
My skepticism or lack of trust is with our Governments lack of truth to the people.
Thanks
Lightstorm

LIGHTSTORM

Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]