View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Western part of Japan 

Dear NETC.com staffs,

I have a question/suggestion. Do you have any plan to show the map of western Japan in public? How do you think of making the data available for limited time (such as 30-day trial)? How about showing the data for a few key cities in western part of Japan (such as Nagoya, Osaka, and Okayama)?
The reason I ask this question is I have a few friends living in western part of Japan. There was a tropical storm in western region during the weekend (from 2014-08-09 to 2014-08-10), and I was worried about them. While I was watcing the NETC map during the weekend, I was amazed with the correlation of your data to the movement of tropical storm.
I understand that NETC radiation monitor of eastern part of Japan does not show alerts because the area is in constant danger. However, after this tropical storm, I started to think NETC data can improve the lives of people in western part of Japan. Can you make some changes in your map to give sneak preview of data in western area of Japan? Can you consider about it?

Thanks.

Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:16 am
Site Admin

Netc.com only charges $20.00 a year to see all the information that is available, beta, gamma, EPA, private network. The money is used to pay for the support of Netc.com and the network costs to store the data so you can view the information. Now you want Netc.com to give away the only information left in its database for nothing? What would you do if Netc.com does not exist !!!

Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:51 am

I am sorry! I did not mean to ask you to give away your data. My friends did not know about this website at all, and I was thinking more about the ways to get their attention. Please discard my post. I cannot delete it by myself.

Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:25 pm

'Tis a shame...

The subject is cropping up more often.

Finance is rearing it's ugly head frequently.

How much difference will it make, upon an energetic, glow in the dark planet?
:-(
rc

Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:34 pm

I do not believe $20 per year (or even a yearly $5 donation) from people who value and use NETC is financially unreachable for anyone that isn't living on the streets. It in fact would make a big difference in motivation/appreciation on behalf of NETC owner Harlan & his programmer along with paying for bandwidth.

As my signature says, I am just a volunteer. Harlan will not beg so I will. In fact Harlan only recently created a PayPal DONATE button, even though I suggested he create one long ago & ask for donations. This should be a clue to others how serious Harlan must be about funding. I have no doubts that Harlan will continue service for all of those paid subscribers but the public viewing might end any day unless more people step up and show their appreciation.

Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]