View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Fiestaware/ radioactive 

I attended a party last weekend and the host knew I had a Geiger counter.
I went out to my car and brought in my PRM-9000 and I got the highest readings to date from his collection of Uranium Red Oxide glaze on Fiesta brand dinnerware........
I thought you'd be interested in what the readings were so you can compare what you see here on this website to some real life possibilities. I'm going to give you rounded numbers.

large bowl: 25,000 cpm.....
small flower vase: 15,000 cpm....

I picked up the vase and moved it with my right hand for maybe 2 seconds and then I thought, I HAVE THE GEIGER COUNTER I should know better!.......
I don't know how many times this stuff has been used to serve food but when asked, what I would do with the stuff ? I highly recomended to get rid of it.......
The next day I had a serious case of the creeps thinking about having held the vase and about the real possibility that products like this have fueled the cancer epidemic we're dealing with as a nation today.

I've done a couple of xray tests at the dentist's office too.
xray from newer low radiation machine: 2,500 cpm
xray from other dentist that I go to: 3,500 cpm

The long term ubiquitous daily radiation accumulating around us from places like Wipp and Fukushima are a real threat as well.

Best wishes,
GRR

Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:05 pm

One of my room-mates had a vase as well, and it was giving off about 11k CPM but was not detectable from the couch. There was a cat bed pretty close to it though, and that cat did eventually get feline leukemia. Is it related? Who knows!

Anyway, after I took some readings, I wanted to try again with different materials between the detector and the vase to try and see what general types of radiation it was emitting, only it was gone. He said he'd just thrown it away. To me, that was irresponsible. The uranium was all nicely contained in glass and not able to transport anywhere, but in the trash it'd likely get crushed and broken apart. Shards of uranium glass dust released into an open landfill? Not a good idea. Just store it somewhere safe where it won't get broken.

Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:23 pm

Thanks for the share.

Check this out! 8-)

https://www.netc.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=50

Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:18 pm

Thank you for the links. The quick look I took at the Fiestaware icon was very interesting. I'll check it out in greater detail when I can, thanks. And I'm with you about the disposal of the dinnerware haphazardly in the trash. The cat story is interesting, I always thought the local well water that some municipalities pump and sell to the public was killing off our pets. I have friends from La Canada, Ca. / NASA superfund site/JPL/ that tell me everyone's parents that lived there a long time are dying of cancer.
It seems with the vast amounts of dangerous materials out there you need to take care of yourself by eating pure foods and getting fresh air as much as possible.

I noticed high readings east of New Mexico yesterday, there were some rain storms in the Texas area, probably T-storm activity we were seeing.....

Take care

Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]