View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Don't panic when you see elevated reads... 

More info...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsPA2d9Y1oM

Nuff said????

There ya go...

View my other posts here:
https://www.netc.com/bb/search.php?keyw ... mit=Search

netc.com (donate will ya?)...

Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:37 pm

Funny huh? Here's some info that is not so funny....

...Here's a re-post of a reply to one of the operators of a experimental rig used as assumed fact....

...Name and location have been redacted to conceal the operators identity.

Oooh I'm starting to see now....

Why so defensive and passive aggressive?

Now don't let this ruffle your feathers. These posts are what's known as healthy debate among legitimate scientists and activists...

... if the government get's involved they wont be so nice about it.

Well? Let's start by taking a instrument that is designed to be used inside only and place it outside in the (redacted) winter on a modified (also indoor use only) device that contains concentrated forms of the "hottest" radioactive source known in our environment (cobalt). Conclusion? We can confirm that these units are TOTALLY EXPERIMENTAL.

Then we can talk about how in danger we are as long as we don't produce evidence to the contrary. It will only take a few minuets for a Polimaster to find and automatically identify once and for all it's cobalt you are reading and how much this internal contamination is bumping the reads in the unit itself.

Your so called spikes can simply be wind (Redacted to conceal the operators identity) blowing through the filter unit causing the magnets and brushes to overheat and release materials inside the cheap plastic unit you deployed that was never designed to be outside in the elements in the first place.

These air filter units may be a good idea but no one really knows because you won't provide us ANY test results (clicks don't prove anything on a modified "rig"). Even when you could easily test and send the results to us in as little as 24 hours you refuse and reply with defensive conjecture.

And you write about our government not being forthcoming with information.

This is insulting to anyone "in the know" and only serves to expose your inexperience and/or "hype" potential. Anyone can "hype a threat" (even with the best intentions) without knowing and willingly sharing the true facts.

We can all agree that the government has not been forthcoming about the nature of this but neither have you.

The only reason I recommended testing for 24 hours was to try to find some actual nuclear waste isotopes among all that very powerful cobalt to help you prove your point.

But I digress...

I'll "bet the farm" your makeshift unit has cobalt contamination from the unit itself. Care to take the Pepsi challenge with me?

...Didn't think so.

That simple (and totally automated) test seems to be too hard eh?

That unit is automated to a extent that even a child could wear it to elementary school and (with some simple training) test for exposure when he or she got home. A simple test will confirm the presence of cobalt as this material is both common and super "hot". It is probably the easiest isotope to detect on the planet today. VERY STRONG gamma and x-ray emitter.

You are creating a localized radiation (orphan) source and are actually creating the type of stuff you are trying to avoid. Not sure the NRC would approve and your "rig" may even be illegal (to use these devises in this way).

So saying all this about it being too time consuming (and the crap about false reads) is something to tell someone that doesn't know better and that hasn't taken the time to watch the simple video I sent you on how this is done with the very unit you own.

I too have dug through the charts and could easily interpolate them and come to the conclusion that there is nothing to indicate that there is a danger from waves of nuclear radiation coming through your area. The ONLY way to know for sure is to TEST your unit. Then whatever you find will be the TRUTH, not opinion, not defensive conjecture, not a hyped threat.

True science is about the "search for truth" and with this subject it is a ABSOLUTE NECESSITY to have the facts.

I have always been here to help and am more than happy to volunteer my time and money to save our planet from this disaster but you have to be willing to help too.

I realize that you promote these filter rigs (Redacted) but you have to put pride and guessing aside and work for the common good in proving the truth no matter what it may be!

Get with the program. You need EVERY piece of information you can get if you are legitimately interested in exposing any real threat. Nothing should be too much trouble for you when it comes to our children and grandchildren!

Information is how legitimate people find the truth and if you are one, perform a honest test and post the results.

I hope this didn't offend you but what does it take to get the information requested? And how long will you go (and how many catastrophic sounding posts will you write) without knowing the facts.

But...

I guess the sky is falling if you say it is and we should all go running for the hills...

...DON'T BE A CHICKEN LITTLE!!!!

And before you go deleting my posts that can help someone else (that may also get orphan exposure from these filter rigs) that may have changed their life over this supposed threat (and that I have spent volunteer time on) just know that I always keep copies and you will only be proving a "cover up" by doing so...

Good luck to you. If you keep playing around with these filter units without knowing what you are being exposed to, you are going to need it!!!

The moral of this story? NEVER modify a GM or other measuring instrument used for detecting radiation!!!!!

EB702D3F wrote:
More info...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsPA2d9Y1oM

Nuff said????

There ya go...

Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:03 pm

what filter units? cobalt 60? what are you talking about?

Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:09 am

from Wikipedia "....Cobalt is primarily used as the metal, in the preparation of magnetic, wear-resistant and high-strength alloys. Its compounds cobalt silicate and cobalt(II) aluminate (CoAl2O4, cobalt blue) give a distinctive deep blue color to glass, smalt, ceramics, inks, paints and varnishes. Cobalt occurs naturally as only one stable isotope, cobalt-59.
Cobalt-60 is a commercially important radioisotope, used as a radioactive tracer and for the production of high energy gamma rays."

:?

Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:20 am

Yepper indeed...

...Cobalt and varying cousins are used everywhere in our everyday lives and are very common. Cobalt (and it's varying cousins) are some of the most radioactive sources in our daily environment and on this planet in general.

VERY strong Gamma and X-Ray emitters.

Most everything magnetic has some form of cobalt in it. That's what makes these components powerful enough to be used for (in this case) electric motor parts in the first place.

We are surrounded with possible sources of contamination. As long as the devices are used as intended there is no danger of ingestion or other contamination. Play around with something that contains them and you risk exposure.

The FCC and other warnings on most items are signs that there is a possible source of contamination. Most people don't think of the dangers of these products as they are so common in the modern world.

Most all electric motors have the potential to release radioactive contaminates in the form of particulate cobalt and it's cousins.

And just for reference...

Your smoke alarm contains enough americium to make the whole family sick or even dead from exposure if disassembled or used in a manner inconsistent with it's intent. This is one of the most dangerous materials known to man but...

...Special design and manufacturing techniques eliminate any potential threat when used as directed..

If a person is exposed to these materials they can even contaminate everyone they come into contact with for days after being exposed. The problem is ingestion (through lungs and/or swallowing) from particulates so as long as the device is used as directed, the material remains trapped in the unit and is not a potential ingestion hazard.

As my granddad used to say...

"It's what you don't see that gets you".

Are you still skeptical?

Actual example:

Take a look at a real release from a filter unit that malfunctioned recently. Since the operator was using it with his counter you can get a real world idea of the radioactive contamination potential of these common household items.

Not to mention false readings for the broad environment that created unnecessary panic for many people seeing it that were never in any danger (if they were more than a few yards away from the unit).

https://www.netc.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f ... 6621#p6621

I URGE ANYONE USING THESE FILTER RIGS OUTDOORS TO STOP USING THEM ASAP!!!

Contact me anytime...

Stay safe, don't panic, eyes open...

eatliesndie wrote:
what filter units? cobalt 60? what are you talking about?

Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:49 am

yeah, but......the cobalt that is used in alloying is stable. Not man made or radioactive.

Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:23 pm

Cobalt occurs naturally as only one stable isotope, cobalt-59.
as covered above... (thanks for the wiki post: eatliesndie)

Hundreds of different isotopes of these metals are in our environment, both natural and man made...

My point is simply about the magnetic portion of the electric motor and the brushes. Most so called brushes are actually solid rectangles of compressed earthen metals that appeared to be gray dirt before being pressed into the appropriate shape and put on a spring inside of these motors. They will (sooner or later) wear out and do create a radiation source of their own as they wear, easily seen with any GM counter, especially after a malfunction.

What do you think? Let me know...

eatliesndie wrote:
yeah, but......the cobalt that is used in alloying is stable. Not man made or radioactive.

Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:44 pm

Naturally occurring cobalt (earthly cobalt) is only found as stable Co59. This element is present in minute quantities everywhere on the earth, but found in greater quantities mixed with other metal ores and is a normal byproduct of the refining of copper, nickel, and such. I really don't have the energy to regurgitate all I have studied on the subject here to you right now, but would suggest you do a little research yourself - suffice it to say that you are barking up the wrong tree with this one. There is no reason, financial or other, why anyone would deliberately add man made radioactive cobalt in the place of natural cobalt 59. At all. It may happen on occasion by accident (or stupidity) due to dodgy scrap metal recycling, but generally alloying cobalt is "natural" stable cobalt which is actually quite cheap, comparatively.

If there was gamma and beta producing radioactive cobalt in the filter's electric motor components, they would surely make the geiger counter click before being "burnt off"?

The brushes in the dc motors in question are made of brass alloy, they will wear out in time and they are not radioactive. The magnets are a kind of metallic ceramic and are not radioactive. The bushes are a hard metal alloy containing minute quantities of cobalt 59 as a hardening agent and are not radioactive.

A friend of mine is a potter. He uses a cobalt glaze. For a time he had a 100 litre drum of cobalt glaze that he would dip clay pieces into. That drum was less radioactive than the clay he was using - and it was cheap....ish....

Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:51 am

I believe you are missing the forest for the trees here...

...reading are readings. We can debate all we want but the evidence is there...

Don't be so quick to dismiss something...

eatliesndie wrote:
Naturally occurring cobalt (earthly cobalt) is only found as stable Co59. This element is present in minute quantities everywhere on the earth, but found in greater quantities mixed with other metal ores and is a normal byproduct of the refining of copper, nickel, and such. I really don't have the energy to regurgitate all I have studied on the subject here to you right now, but would suggest you do a little research yourself - suffice it to say that you are barking up the wrong tree with this one. There is no reason, financial or other, why anyone would deliberately add man made radioactive cobalt in the place of natural cobalt 59. At all. It may happen on occasion by accident (or stupidity) due to dodgy scrap metal recycling, but generally alloying cobalt is "natural" stable cobalt which is actually quite cheap, comparatively.

If there was gamma and beta producing radioactive cobalt in the filter's electric motor components, they would surely make the geiger counter click before being "burnt off"?

The brushes in the dc motors in question are made of brass alloy, they will wear out in time and they are not radioactive. The magnets are a kind of metallic ceramic and are not radioactive. The bushes are a hard metal alloy containing minute quantities of cobalt 59 as a hardening agent and are not radioactive.

A friend of mine is a potter. He uses a cobalt glaze. For a time he had a 100 litre drum of cobalt glaze that he would dip clay pieces into. That drum was less radioactive than the clay he was using - and it was cheap....ish....

Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:23 am

"If there was gamma and beta producing radioactive cobalt in the filter's electric motor components, they would surely make the geiger counter click before being "burnt off"?"

"The brushes in the dc motors in question are made of brass alloy, they will wear out in time and they are not radioactive. The magnets are a kind of metallic ceramic and are not radioactive. The bushes are a hard metal alloy containing minute quantities of cobalt 59 as a hardening agent and are not radioactive."

Millions of motors, generators, alternators, hardened/coated tools & tool steel, new and rebuilt for decades in the same locations would lead me to believe in a cesspool of radioactive fallout--not. Where is the proof?

How about your forced air furnace, pulling air across an electric motor? into your breathing air. Over and over
Same thing in the car as well?
Washer and dryer ? Mixers, blenders, grinders, blow dryers, ceiling fans,,,,and air filters?
Are these clicking high as well?

I suppose it could be just the 'holmes' brand, cheap china recycle no epa no give a damn kill us all imports.
That could be a slippery slope. And it will grow, as we pollute and recycle our resources.

EL&D has a point----the truth.
Mounting up a posse to fight the 'goliath' of death is easily undone with no truth or no proof.
'Readings are readings there is no debate', is the inverse of 'nothing is here, all is well, reactors are safe'

That is the goal after all, is it not? The truth?

Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next