View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 My Station Is Missing From Network Map - Q/A 

What the heck happened to my station? its not on the map. I was doing some work on that PC, had to restart and noticed when I restart the program, now there are 3 locations with a different ID number. Why is there 3 listed? once you registered a computer, doesn't it retain that ID or will we end up with several of them? How does one get rid of them and stay with one and is this the reason I am not on the map again? I did select the set location... :(

Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:36 pm

Nevermind, I just went and deleted all of them and redid it, unfortunately I lost my reliable station status on the process and have to start over. Geez, I wish the GQ software had the uploading data feature in it like GeigerGraph does for its network.. oh well, onward....

Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:27 pm
Site Admin

when using wapp4netc.exe your station ID is based from the USB port you plug into. So please use the same port or the Raspberry PI system will solve the problem with the PI ID for the station ID. This system was set up because people are using more than one Geiger Counter on the wapp4netc.com software. PS. remember it is Free.

Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:04 pm

I apologize if I came off that way, hasty, didn't realize I was offline for some time and appreciate all the efforts that everyone provides for us. I didn't know that about the ports on the PC. When I first started up, I had it plugged into the front usb port to get it started and sticking out was getting ignoring so I pulled it out and stuck in on the back to get it out of the way, didn't realize it was going to reset things. So we should only have one listing when we check on the "set my location" correct? if there are more and we haven't done anything, this would mean something happened within the PC, or we did something with the adapter like plugging and unplugging it.. I understand now :) thank you for letting me know this !!

Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:08 am
Site Admin

Glad I could help. The design of the station names were made because of necessity of letting stations come online without going through 100 questions and manual assignments. All designs have their drawbacks.
Harlan

Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:21 am

skybug wrote:
I apologize if I came off that way, hasty, didn't realize I was offline for some time and appreciate all the efforts that everyone provides for us.

I would like to point out a feature that I suggested long ago and thankfully Harlan/"hey" liked the suggestion enough to tell his programmer, "Make it happen please!"

NETC allows you to have the network auto-text your phone if any station registered to you goes off the network for 10 minutes or more. I have found this feature so useful for obvious reasons. I have units setup in different locations, one of those out of state. When I receive the text for this unit I can call the host station operator and step him through problem solving steps to determine why the unit might have went down.

From the forum go to the top and select "User Control Panel"
Then select "Profile"
From here you see a spot labeled:
"Inactive Site Notification Email: Notify this address when my site goes inactive."

You can use a standard email here or if you use AT&T cell phone like I do, here is what will work for you: YourNineDigitNumberHere@txt.att.net

If you use a different cell carrier, yours will be different and I am not sure their exact format. You can search Google to try and figure it out or another user could answer this for us. Clearly we can't test any cellular service that we do not own.

Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:46 am

Hey guys, understood and enjoy that the feature alot. In my case, I think, I wasn't notified I don't believe because it was sending data, but because I had unplugged the usb from the front of my pc and into the back, it reset the ID for the station and was no longer showing active, current readings. So trying to troubleshoot the issue, I found that I had 3 ID's listed under my location. I deleted all of them and restarted it over.. Now I know not to unplug the detector without causing issues. Now I have to do it on purpose because I have a outside system that I want to switch too for better readings.. thanks for the info.

Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:33 am

If your unit does return to what you believe to be your stations normal CPM level, your unit might need to be repaired. Remember that this problem is only believed to happen when the internal battery is fully charged and still connected to the AC. Even if your unit fails this test and is believed to have a bad voltage regulator, when the battery is not fully charged and the AC is plugged in you should not see the problem.

Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:55 am

sunny11 wrote:
If your unit does return to what you believe to be your stations normal CPM level, your unit might need to be repaired. Remember that this problem is only believed to happen when the internal battery is fully charged and still connected to the AC. Even if your unit fails this test and is believed to have a bad voltage regulator, when the battery is not fully charged and the AC is plugged in you should not see the problem.

To be clear, the problem you describe has never to my knowledge affected the GMC 200, only the 300 series.

Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]