View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Should I place my GC indoors or outside... 

It's all about what readings matter most to you.

My 200/Pi (purchased from netc) is inside around 2" from the floor. I like this setup as the inside reads are the most critical for me as the detector is in a place that I spend most of my time.

2" or less from the floor detects the max read for the room as particles (and gasses) accumulate and sink to the floor inside. The unit is by a west facing door so wind and traffic factors will be seen. Although the numbers are lower than a outside unit, this gives me (and you) the ability to see the actual environment in witch I live.

I also made sure to place it high enough to clean around it without touching the unit with the mop pad (wood floor underneath it). I don't even dust the unit itself to allow a natural accumulation of particles over time.

There are no shoes, coats or other articles that have been outside placed anywhere near it. Although you could set it up in a coat room or by the door where you remove your shoes, I find that on a west facing wall (preferably) by a door or window in a common living area suits me for the best indoor contamination check.

As close to the floor as possible (without touching it) is the best placement for this kind of indoor setup.

My GMC-200 has not been disturbed since it was deployed so these reads are historically as accurate as possible with this unit.

The fact that the counter has not been touched since it was connected gives me (and all of you) the most accurate reads of my indoor environment possible.

If you decide to do this (and you have the wireless Pi setup) you can simply use velcro or the 3m wall hanging tape and "stick it" to the wall under a outlet as close as possible (2" or less) to the floor.

Don't misunderstand, I think ALL setups are necessary to get the "big picture".

I simply want a undisturbed indoor reading over time without having to touch the counter or risk any exposures changing filters.

And DON'T forget (no matter what your choice is) to list the unit type and location details in the description for your site by going to the user control panel... Mine says "GMC-200 inside 2 inches from floor". You should keep it short and list any other details by creating a message with a subject like... "new station in Atlanta Ga." Without this critical information other viewers may not be able to interpret your readings correctly.

https://www.netc.com/bb/ucp.php

We are all here to help so if you have any questions, feel free to respond to this message...

Good luck.

View my other posts here:
https://www.netc.com/bb/search.php?keyw ... mit=Search

netc.com (donate will ya?)...

Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]