View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Radioactive Factories Awareness Map & Site 

I am building a radioactive sites awareness site.

http://seeradiation.com

That website is going to be a map of all radioactive factory sites.

This data is all public and on the web, but
my approach is to make is visually
exciting, using infographics, video, radiation maps, etc.

Of course, links to the EPA "facts" are included.

So far, I have mapped a number of the weapons plants
across the USA and all of the New York sites.

I have found all of the data on a "lost" reactor
- it is in NY at "nuclear lake" - above LI - click that pin
- click the washington DC pin
- click the rocky flats co pin

My other site has a great deal of information
on radioactivity, including a wide range of
detection devices that most people have no idea they exist.

http://nuke411.com

Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:27 am
Profile WWW

Thank you for the wonderful work!

How about spent fuel processing and research sites? I live 9 miles from the Vallecitos complex, the first ever privately funded and owned boiling water reactor. It changed hands eventually to GE, who uses it for spent fuel processing. It's hard to find much in the way of any current news about it.

Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:08 pm

I am working from the EPA and FUSRAP data.
I will make sure the site you mentioned gets added.

Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:56 pm
Profile WWW

Nice work and thanks for posting this!

Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:42 pm

Wow, this is great! Bookmarked it.

Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:07 pm

I was happy to learn of these two sites, but when I tried to view them, they both came up 404 errors. I'm curious as to how everyone else is able to see them. Is it only me, or have the sites now been taken down? Thanks to anyone who might have some feedback.

Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:41 pm

Correction. Actually, I'm getting a "403-FORBIDDEN" message and no ability to view these 2 sites. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:13 pm

It's a very ambitious venture he's taken on. UFO Headquarters had to make a bunch of hard choices coming out the gate that depended on him building his code from scratch or using canned web pages like Wordpress (which basically involves the art of putting round pegs into square holes).

It's a lot to absorb and deal with all at once on top of his website's reason for being - identifying sites, gathering data and curating, verifying and aggregating his content for publication. Legalities and secrecy surrounding MIC sites, content copyright issues, govt bureaucracy, etc., it's very easy for a new webmaster to get confused and lost in all the chaff and practically impossible for one person to deal with alone (which is why we should appreciate what Harlan has built here).

Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:10 am
Site Admin

I had help, a good programmer and a good Forum manager. So pass the praise to King Cobra and Zehd, they did the hard part, I just had fun.
Harlan

Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:28 pm

I'm still trying to get up to speed on the monitoring methodology being used here. There's much to learn and little time to waste.

What is the logic behind redefining the meanings of norm, normal and nominal in discussing readouts of beta and gamma radiation? Are historical averages more important to map out than where radiation levels exceed the thresholds of safety? Glancing at the NETC map of Japan, everything looks rosy over there. Is this what people need to see? Those people are being told to leave Toyko... not for a couple of weeks, but forever! Someday soon it will be California.

What levels of various types of radiation are dangerous to human health, as well as to all other forms of life? Does a reference table exist or should we start working on creating one?

Mentioned elsewhere were 9 detectable Kev bands of gamma ray radiation as opposed to all-inclusive summaries. Are we talking about spectrum analysis? San Diego was specifically singled out, and an example made for total readouts of 7000 cpm of gamma, but considered not important. I was wondering why. NETC concentrates on level 5, which I assume is 600-800 kev.

Are other Kev levels harmless to living organisms?

Why was San Diego's summary data irrelevant?

600-800 Kev is what the EPA has focused on. Why?

They aren't telling us anything, so in essence who is the Environmental Protection Agency really protecting?

Solid state liquid nitrogen cooled gamma ray spectrum analyzers. Very expensive. Must be a few located at universities around the country we can borrow along with a couple of grad students.

Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next