View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 The Best Radiation Dose Chart I Have Found So Far 

Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:24 pm

There are many things on that chart that I found very interesting and eye opening, but pay close attention to the dose of a "mammogram" vs. the "EPA yearly limit on radiation exposure to a single member of the public"

CrAzY :o

Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:31 pm

Thanks' KC...
This serves the purpose to "show relationships" of different exposure levels - for the human body (ie: old thinking Full Body Dose).
The relationship between different "sources"/"exposure events" serves as a meaningful "yard stick" for everyone - to get a "feel" for how things can effect your body...
The only flaw I see is that this is ALL external exposure sources and it doesn't do justice for possible ingestion of actual particles...ie: some with very long 1/2 life, that then contribute "additive doses" over a long period of time...like Pu239 (hope I remembered that right, from decades ago class).
Your reference to the "mammagram" is very well taken - just think of the poor woman that has one, Dr doesn't like the results and says re do it, then he/she sees something fishy...asks for a different angle/method, etc.. Maybe even the woman decides to have a 2nd opinon...etc... Such "repeated useage" could become very alarming very soon!...
All of this information is helpful, for those that question "MSM whitewash", eh?
Check-6

Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:50 pm

Very good points about internal vs. external radiation! The WIPP New Mexico accident is a good example of internal exposure but the media/government use external radiation examples show risk. Clearly a slide of the hand type trick with the public & lack of nuclear understanding.

I remember watching professor Chris Busby (nuclear expert) explain in a video about the difference as much like standing by a campfire feeling the heat vs. eating one of the coals from that campfire.

Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:06 pm

Brings back thoughts of that "SPF 1,000,000" line, eh?...
That 50 sv level is the one that sucks canal water sideways...

Has anyone done any projections as to what we might see IF:
Those spent fuel rods at 100ft agl over in Japan come crashing down...
AND TOUCH...
Since they are Pu blend, the "open fission pile" result was mentioned.
This would just be "laying there" on top of #3's lid until it burnt thru.
Then, who knows...since the entire load of #3 is now "unkn" depth below that.

Being a pilot, I always think about winds aloft and the jet stream, etc..
I think we are seeing some of such effects now, when "spots" seem to jump higher for awhile and then drop back down with readings...where upper "fast" air is mixed down into the lower air (which is in land contact)...a very dramatic example of this is when you get a "sprite" of the jet downward. We could even see a "hot" rain issue...or, snow for that matter - moisture is moisture and particles are chunks!

Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:01 pm

Various Zeolite and food grade Bentonite clays should be helpful in removing heavy metals, (which most radioactive particles are) from the digestive tract and possibly other places in the body. Kelp and other seaweeds (hopefully uncontaminated) are also useful here.

My sense is that inhalation of radioactive particles with a long 1/2 life would be the most dangerous and difficult to remove from the body.

Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:15 pm

jbird, I'm having difficulty understanding how any inert substance can effectively remove something with the inherent ferocity of a 'hot particle' from an organ of the body.
Are you able to explain the process, or direct us to appropriate explanation of how this works?
Tnx
rc

Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:03 am

rustycase wrote:
jbird, I'm having difficulty understanding how any inert substance can effectively remove something with the inherent ferocity of a 'hot particle' from an organ of the body.
Are you able to explain the process, or direct us to appropriate explanation of how this works?
Tnx
rc

Neither Clay nor Zeolite are inert. An inert substance is chemically stable and does not readily combine with other substances. That is not the case with either clays or zeolite. You might try to google "healing with clay". Here's one random website that I found that provides a simple explanation: http://aboutclay.com/info/how_clay_works.htm. Note, I have not used any of the clays that are referenced on that particular website. For more detailed information and some credible references to particular sources/brands of clays you might try: http://www.eytonsearth.org/. The clays that I have used include pascalite, terramin and some clay that I paid somebody to mine for me about 10 years ago.

Clays and zeolites can certainly draw particles out of the digestive tract. Having radioactive particles, and even heavy metals that are not radioactive lodged in the wall of the digestive tract causes inflammation, creates a bacterial imbalance and destroys the lining of the digestive tract.

My understanding is that zeolites have some ability to circulate throughout the body and bind with certain toxins. Clays are also known to be effective in removing toxins from other areas of the body as well. Furthermore, if you are able to remove the toxins from 1 area of the body, then toxins in other areas of the body will migrate from areas of greater concentration to areas of lesser concentration.

Zeolite works in a similar way to clays, though it has a different molecular structure.

Still, heavy metals, radioactive particles and other environmental toxins are difficult to remove and most likely needs to be done over a period of time and there can be some unpleasant symtoms during the process, especially if it is done too rapidly.

I'm not claiming that these two things alone are 100% effective at removing anything. They are only 2 of many hundreds (or thousands) of things that have helped people.

Clays were used by many indigenous cultures including Native American Indians. In Japan, when the nuclear bombs were dropped, people who ate large quantities of Seaweed and Miso did not get sick from the radiation. Those that did not eat these foods did get sick.

Whether anyone understands the science of why these things work or not, they have been shown to work experientially. At one point there was a website that posted some articles and videos that mentioned specific foods, herbs and supplements and which toxins, including radioactive isotopes, they could remove. Unfortunately a controversy arose around the material that was published and everything was removed from the website.

Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:20 am

jbird wrote:
At one point there was a website that posted some articles and videos that mentioned specific foods, herbs and supplements and which toxins, including radioactive isotopes, they could remove. Unfortunately a controversy arose around the material that was published and everything was removed from the website.

This will happen more and more. We need to download and save things like this as we find them. Remember to rename any files downloaded so they can't be found as easily on or computers by others looking in.

Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:04 am

Radioactive isotopes get absorbed by the body because they generally mimic necessary minerals and/or other nutrients that the body needs. One way to prevent or reduce the bodies absorbtion of radioactive isotopes is to make sure that your body has all that it needs of those necessary minerals from healthy non-radioactive sources.

Here are 2 examples:

half life effect in body
Cesium 137 30 years acts like potassium
Strontium 90 29 years acts like calcium

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=cesium+137+potassium+strontium+90+calcium

Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next