View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Monitoring Weather/Radiation Tips 

Hi guys:)

A repost of general behavior I've gathered through monitoring weather related radiation fallout over the past few years - thought some may find helpful in making sense of weather maps.

"For those monitoring radiation as it pertains to weather here is a quick list I have noticed over the past few years collecting graphs and accompanying weather maps that may be helpful when checking your weather each day. If fallout is present in a storm:

Edges of storms – moreso where cold meets warm fronts.
Edges are worse than in the middle usually as wind keeps it elevated whereas loose ends let it fall.
Cold fronts have more potential for fallout than warm sides.
Snow has more potential for particles whereas rain has more potential for vapors – unless cold rain…rain at/around 32F has more potential for particles than snow.
Anywhere on map where plain meets rain, rain meets snow and snow meets ice.
Levels typically rise BEFORE the actual storm does..peaks during and levels off after cloud cover leaves.
don't forget dust storms.
Intellicast.com is my favorite weather map. Click their interactive weather map and choose radar and satellite. Pull up netc and radiationnetwork and rises will most often match with the above listed factors marked. Even better…join the networks and contribute:) Radioactive fallout is very sporadic and more are needed."

To view an example go to http://eagerlabassistants.com/thelab/usefullinks.html and download the pdf under "Radiation Monitoring" .

Cheers,
probie

Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:10 pm

Thank you, GREAT information! :geek:

Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:43 pm

Wow! Thank you!!!!

Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]